X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something not train related...

D'Incendie et De Secours
    by Nigel Hayes, on Flickr

I have no idea what appears to be a French fire department van with UK plates was doing on Bosham foreshore but it was... so I shot it...
    Last edited by El Sid; 03-10-2019, 12:21.
    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Re: Something not train related...

Thats so cool, love the range you have got on it too.
    Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Like the picture Nigel, very good.

I’ve seen a few of these vans used as catering outlets but not like this one complete with flashing light. Probably one used for historic shows.

I do hope they remembered to move it before the tide came in. If it was parked where I think it was, that floods!
      Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Nicely done

Comment

It's a Citroen H Van and I've always had a liking for them. Seemingly so do many others as they're very collectable and I've seen many conversions to coffee and ice-cream vans both here and in France.

I'm also liking this photo which, from the look of the trees in the background, I'm thinking is IR rather than a straight mono conversion? Either way it's pretty good ( but I'd like to see a colour version).

Cheers,
          John

Comment

Nicely processed image.

Bill.
            7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Originally posted by Farider View Post
              Like the picture Nigel, very good.

I’ve seen a few of these vans used as catering outlets but not like this one complete with flashing light. Probably one used for historic shows.

I do hope they remembered to move it before the tide came in. If it was parked where I think it was, that floods!
              Oddly enough I came across another last weekend permanently parked outside a pub further along the coast - I think they use it for selling snacks and light meals.

Yes, it was parked where it floods but as it was an hour or two after high tide I guess they were safe for a few hours. Nevertheless, and despite the warning signs, some people still get it wrong...

Originally posted by ColytonJohn View Post
              I'm also liking this photo which, from the look of the trees in the background, I'm thinking is IR rather than a straight mono conversion? Either way it's pretty good ( but I'd like to see a colour version).

Cheers,
              John
              It is indeed a straight IR - I only had the IR camera with me - but luckily I had a compact with me so just for you...

P1090505.jpg

Thanks all for your comments...
              Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Originally posted by El Sid View Post
                It is indeed a straight IR - I only had the IR camera with me - but luckily I had a compact with me so just for you...
                Ah, you shouldn't have but I'm glad you did, thanks

Cheers,
                John

Comment

Two great shots Nigel, not a great mono fan but I do like the mono version
                  Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Working...
                  X