Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Class 45 Peak at the Great Central - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class 45 Peak at the Great Central

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Class 45 Peak at the Great Central

As part of last Saturday's Steampunk event at the Great Central,I took this with the 24-105 lens that TonyT kindly lent me.

It was my first time using a 24-105 so I'm quite pleased with the result.

It's D123 Class 45 Peak"Leicestershire & Derbyshire Yeomanry" built at Crewe in 1961 and released to traffic at Derby on October 28th of that year.It was given that name after preservation.
    IMG_0331 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr
    Last edited by Guest; 04-10-2019, 14:38.

Re: Class 45 Peak at the Great Central

A magnificent beast, nice shot.

Bill.
    7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Thanks Bill.

Comment

Nice 'Peak', I remember these in Devon back in the 80's!

Excellent photo but just a shame you did not get the whole of the loco in the photo.
        Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Canon Fan View Post
          Nice 'Peak', I remember these in Devon back in the 80's!

Excellent photo but just a shame you did not get the whole of the loco in the photo.
          Thanks,I wasn't trying to,the shot has more impact this way.Considering it was the first time with that lens,I'm happy with the shot.

It was No 3 in a sequence of 3,here's the first one..And yes,I know about the signal top right,cropping it out would unbalance the frame.Also,that cable would suddenly be appearing out of nowhere.
          IMG_0328 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr
          Last edited by Guest; 05-10-2019, 23:46.

Comment

.And yes,I know about the signal top right,cropping it out would unbalance the frame.Also,that cable would suddenly be appearing out of nowhere.
            Clone tool... Just sayin', that's all...
            Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Point taken Nigel,I don't usually get on too well with cloning large objects in LR which is why I left the signal arm in.

Comment

Nicely done, good colour

Paul

Comment

Thanks Paul,a lot of it is down to the quality of the L series lens that TonyT lent me for the day.

Comment

Working...
                  X