DPP4 processing speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DPP4 processing speed

After an upgrade from a 7D to a 90D I will have to use DPP4 to process raw files. My current Windows 8.2 laptop is great with DPP3 but very slow with DPP4. Any processing is visible by blocks of updated pixels progressing slowly across the screen, not good.

Does anyone out there use DPP4 with a laptop running windows 8.2 ? If yes what processor do you have ?

If I have to go to the latest Windows version via a new laptop I don't want to waste my money on a mediocre processor.

Thanks R

Re: DPP4 processing speed

DPP4 is pretty slow on my Dell inspiron 13 - i3 processor, 4GB Ram windows 10....if that helps as a benchmark....I'm looking at changing up to i5 or i7 and 16GB seems to be the benchmark for new.
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

I just upgraded my P.C Desktop to an i5 processor , and it runs smoothly . I was on a Windows seven P.C , and it was definitely showing signs of a struggle .

Comment

I can't help to much as i don't have a laptop but I do run DDP4 on my Dell Desktop with a i7 processor and 16GB Ram Windows 10, without any problems.

Paul
        EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
        Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

I have a laptop in addition to my main desktop editing system. The Laptop has an i7 processor and 16Gb Ram and Windows 10. DPP4 runs smoothly.
          Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

Working...
          X