Fun with jays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun with jays

This weekend I had a trip to the central mountain areas in southern Norway to try to get some sparrowhawk photos. Thursday last week was the first day there with snow and winter temperatures. I spent all Saturday and most of Sunday in a freezing cold (-7 C) photo hide, but not a single sparrowhawk appeared. But there were jays. Lots of them. To kill time while waiting for the sparrowhawk I started to try to catch the jays in flight. It is pretty hard to get some decent shots, and I have deleted hundreds of failed and blurry photos. But some were good enough to keep. The nice scenery with a bit of snow, frost on the leafs which still had beautiful autumn colours was hard to resist so I had to do some "portrait" photos as well. Some in the blue hour just before sunrise and some in the golden hour right after.

Svein Nedrehagen - svein@nedrehagen.net

Re: Fun with jays

Great set, you have caught some excellent action and poses.

Bill.
    7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

All good and very colourful.

Paul
      EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
      Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Excellent shots. the second one has a lot to say.

Comment

Lovely set
          Gary Cantwell LSINWP. ASINWP.

Comment

Really nice photos with great poses, well done.
            Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

What a cracking set, super action and colour

Paul

Comment

Working...
              X