Male Great Spotted Woodpecker Portrait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Male Great Spotted Woodpecker Portrait

Canon 1DS 11, 500mm at 5.6, ISO 400, 1/320 Shutter speed, and a lot of patience. Left the colour space as Adobe RGB.

Re: Male Great Spotted Woodpecker Portrait

I'd be pleased with this. Good pose, sharp focus, good background. Just a tadge flat in IMHO, would benifit form a bit of light, but hey you've done the business with what was there on the day.

Nice post

Regards chris
    http://chrisbirding.blogspot.com/

Comment

Lovely composition and detail. Agree with Chris but a superb image all the same.
      Suze

Comment

It may look flat as its still in adobe RGB-why did you not change it for web use to Srgb as it will make the colours better-nice study anyway

Dave

Comment

Thanks, Chris, Suze, and Dave,
          I have tried every way possible to improve the light in photoshop, but this is one I could not improve. The light was poor on the day, I will go back and put the same image on again and asign the RGB profile as Dave suggests, If you could tell me how it looks then.
          I don't think it will make a lot of difference though. I do have a calibrated monitor so it will be an interesting excercise.
          Papa

Comment

This is the RGB profile

Comment

Have to say I can't see much between the two. But looking at them at home, rather than on my work monitor, it's much better.

Chris
              http://chrisbirding.blogspot.com/

Comment

Wow - I am impressed that you were able to get the picture of woodpecker, they are so shy. It must have taken you ages to get that picture
                RuthieC

Comment

Working...
                X