Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pro Grade Paper

Originally posted by MX5 View Post
    Jim - I will ask Permajet. Their web site says you have to part with £20 ... but I prefer free
    £20 if you use another paper. See the first paragraph here - Free if you use their own papers (which are all superb)

5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

Originally posted by EOS_Jim View Post
      No George. the paper type tells the printer what surface the printer is working on and will change the overall amount of ink it uses. The ICC profile is a file that allows the printer to match the colour correctly.

If usng Photoshop, and printing on say Permajet Oyster (a semi gloss/lustre) paper, I set my paper type to Lustre or Gloss and then I switch off colour management on the printer and I also set the printer to a high quality. In Photoshop I let photoshop manage the colout and select the profile for the paper/printer I'm using (Permajet allow you to download profiles for many printers)

The paper type is one small part of the process but is not the ICC profile.
      Jim - I'm confused. The drop down list of Canon papers specifically lists them by name (not finish per se). So I'm using Canon Paper in a Canon Printer with Canon inks. Surely I can leave ICC on auto?
      [I'm using Canon's EPP Pro plugin for DPP and Photoshop ... not the regular Microsoft style printer driver interface].

Comment

Possibly yes - I use Espon.

Set paper type, quality and printer manages colour to off.

The ICC profile though is selected from the Photopshop menu and set photoshop to manage colour.

I'll try and get you a link at some point if I can.
        5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

Working...
        X