Cheapest all in one (psc) printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheapest all in one (psc) printer

Can anyone recommend a good, low priced and ink frugal all in one printer, scanner, copier for my home office.
    I have an HP psc 1350 at the moment and it gives good results however the cost of replacement cartridges is becoming ridiculous especially when there are new printers on the market that can be bought for half the price of HP replacement ink.
    I have tried refills and alternative cartridges but do not get anywhere near the quality results that the original HP cartridges produce.
    I allways have my 5D Mkii / 20D photographic files printed by outside sources so do not need such a high quality photo printer capability but do need a product that has low running costs for general use and low resolution proof prints.

Hope someone can help.
    Many thanks
    Ron

Re: Cheapest all in one (psc) printer

I have been told by a friend of mine that some of the new Kodak printers are good and they claim to be cheap on ink, I have seen some of the small 7 x 5 photos that have come off their printer and they have been very acceptable

Comment

Thanks Muscat
      I have also heard good reports about the latest Kodak printers.
      I will check them out.

Comment

Canon's own PIXMA MP series such as MP560 which a friend got for around £50 from a Canon Pro Shop. That's a big discount for what is a good printer.

I've never had much success with Epsons (neither did the friend above) ... although other friends say they are the best thing since sliced bread.

Also checkout Brother's range.

Buy your cartridges from 7dayshop, MyMemory and their ilk when they are on offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Muscat View Post
          I have been told by a friend of mine that some of the new Kodak printers are good and they claim to be cheap on ink, I have seen some of the small 7 x 5 photos that have come off their printer and they have been very acceptable
          That is what my wife has - about £70 and very good. There is a wireless version for not much more
          ef-r

Comment

Brian, I use and swear by the Canon PIXMA printers but did not recommend it due to the cost of the ink which I have found can be expensive but if I used non-Canon refills the quality was not very good

Comment

Originally posted by Muscat View Post
              Brian, I use and swear by the Canon PIXMA printers but did not recommend it due to the cost of the ink which I have found can be expensive but if I used non-Canon refills the quality was not very good
              My wife does quite a bit of printing so cost of ownership is high on the list. I have an Epson 1400 which I run on compatible ink without a problem.
              ef-r

Comment

Another vote for Kodak
                I use it for Wedding proof prints as the quality is so good and its also very cheap to run.
                I have had Canon and Epson printers in the past and they cost as much if not more to refill them as it was to buy them.
                I had an Epson that packed in during the warranty period and they wouldn't replace it as I had been using 3rd party inks.
                I'm also a member of Aberdeen Camera Club. Over the last 2 seasons I have won both colour and mono competitions with my entries printed with the Kodak on Kodak paper.
                Each time the judges have commented on print quality.
                I have owned my one for 3 years and had to replace the print head once.
                When it finally gives up I'll have no hesitation in replacing it with another Kodak printer.
                It even came tops in a Gadget Show test.

Mike
                www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

You can not fault Kodak printers on projected printing costs, though the ASA did judge against their claimed savings www.asa.org.uk/Asa-Action/Adjudications/2010/10/Kodak-Ltd the £75 per annum saving been based on an average through put of 1500 documents and prints.
                  Regards

Keith

My Flickr

Comment

I have a Canon mp145 all in one printer and it is quite good actually, but nothing really exceptional.

I mean, the print quality is great though the scans are not that sharp as what you would expect from an all in one printer of that price range.

I think the deal breaker would be the cost in ink refill cartridges as they are a bit on the steep price side.

Comment

Working...
                    X