Still Life on a Budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Still Life on a Budget

The end result has flaws which have already been accidentally pointed out by Muscat.

IMHO For a ‘budget lighting DIY tutorial’ type post to work well, I think it really needs to be accompanied by at least one well exposed image of the subject, from the entire shoot. Preferably with a minimum of PP, so we can evaluate it properly, eg focus solely on the lighting.

Obviously I appreciate the OP spending the time to posting his opinions and setup.

Trev

Comment

Re: Still Life on a Budget

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
      Muscat - I hadn't done any pp on this - the idea was to show how to capture the basic picture at minimal cost. I think there are all sorts of ways that it could be changed - for example - 2 lights, more reflectors, silver foil for the reflector, gold and other colours for the reflector, takeaway dish. The message I am trying to give is that it is not necessary to spend lots of money to get a good picture.

I shall be raiding the re-cycle box - for example I have a large cardboard box full of cardboard boxes. I have ideas for them which I shall show if they work.

PS Here is a worked version of the flower which SWMBO likes - this is going down the route of producing a painting from a photo

Hi Brian
      You have certainly got the attention here to show what can be done and make them think!
      Though you were not looking for comment on the picture only on the setup the discussion here has encouraged you to post this pp image and I would like to comment that this is the better for the heavy shadow that was left in the original.
      Thank you for the suggestions and I hope that every one will develop ideas from this, I certainly have and will post some when I have tried and tested.

Ian

Comment

Working...
      X