Red Squirrel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Squirrel

Evening all, just realised I haven't posted anything new for a quite some time. I'm currently working on a couple of upcoming talks on wildlife photography with the main focus being Squirrels, so here's a Red squirrel photo, taken here on the Isle of Wight.

www.wightwildlife.co.uk

Re: Red Squirrel

Great image Stuart. Good luck with the talks, if they are as good as this image (and the others on your web site) the audience are in for a great experience.
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Well done Stuart.

I have seen how quick those lill critters on the Island move ..... they don't stop for a second.

Colin
      Colin

Comment

all I got with those beggars was a russet blur with legs :) well done, this is a nice study
        My camera is helping to look at the world more closely, then record what I see to share with others.

http://imagesfromnature.foliopic.com

Comment

A lovely picture of a pretty rare creature these days. Good luck with the talks

Comment

Love the pose, well done

Stan
            Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
            flickr

Comment

Excellent shot Stuart.

Comment

Nice image of a difficult subject Stuart, he looks startled to see you.

Ray,

Comment

Wonderful shot.
                  Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                  Di's Flickr

Comment

Lovely picture of a lovely animal, so much nicer than their grey cousins.

I'm finding the focusing odd, with the head and the front of the tree in, focus, but the body and the side of the tree out of focus. I don't know what, if anything, you can do about it and I know it's extremely picky of me - I don't want to sound too fussy about what is a wonderful and difficult shot.
                    Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Love it - the focus does not worry me as he is obviously not keeping still while you shoot the photo. Ae there many red squrrels on the iow, do you have the greys as well?

Comment

Working...
                      X