iPad application question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: iPad application question

Thanks Robert. Have tried that, the option appears, and I have selected it but nothing appears in iBooks, or either of the two other PDF readers I have downloaded after reading this thread. Have also tried to read in the other options provided, Dropbox etc and still nothing. Have to have an Internet connection to read any of the magazines. I have other digital magazines which all work fine so know iPad is ok. Is this anything to do with the log on details I have been given, or the fact it is a trial?
    Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Comment

Again cheers Robert, but I've tried and nothing happens for me either
      Mike

Canon 1D MKIV, Canon 7D, Canon EF300 F2.8, Canon 70-200 2.8 IS Mk II, Canon 17-55 IS, Canon EF100 F2.8, Canon 1.4 TC MKIII, 580 ex flashgun - yongnuo yn-565ex

www.MGSportsImages.co.uk

Comment

I am sorry that you are still having problems with our digital edition.

If you can read the pages online you have logged in successfully. We don't have a trial version as such. You are using the full version, but it is set to expire at particular date.

I'm not sure of the relevance of the PDF apps you mention. I download using Safari and save to iBooks - no other apps are needed. Here is the detailed procedure I use.

1. Open Safari and log in to the EOS magazine digital edition (via PageSuite).

2. Touch Archive from the PageSuite menu at the top of the screen.

3. Select the issue you want to download from the thumbnails which appear at the bottom of the screen.

4. Touch the PageSuite Menu button at the top of the screen. Select 'Download this edition' from the drop down menu which appears.

5. Touch the thumbnails which appear at the bottom of the screen to select the pages you want to download (or touch the 'Select All' button above the thumbnails.

6. Touch the 'Download' button above the thumbnails. The pages will start to download.

7. After the pages have downloaded, a black menu bar appears briefly at the top of the displayed page. Touch the top of the displayed page, below the Safari bookmark bar, to make the black bar reappear.

8. Touch the 'Open in iBooks' button quickly before the bar disappears again.

9. Press the button at the bottom centre of the iPad to take you back to the screen displaying your apps.

10. Press the icon which opens the iBook app. The pages you have just downloaded may well open, even when your wifi link is disconnected. If not, go to the iBooks bookshelf. If a page opens which says "Cannot Connect to the iBookstore', touch the 'Library' button in the top left of the screen. This should take you to a screen which displays your downloads, including the pages you have just downloaded.

If this does not work for you, please let me know at which point it fails and also the iPad model you are using (iPad or iPad2) - although we have tested on both successfully.
        Robert
        robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Robert I'm using an iPad 2, with os 5.01 on it. I can get as far stage ten above but it doesn't appear in iBooks. When I open iBooks I don't get the library option in top left I get store or collections. I have two bookshelves books and PDFs but it doesn't appear in either.
          Mike

Canon 1D MKIV, Canon 7D, Canon EF300 F2.8, Canon 70-200 2.8 IS Mk II, Canon 17-55 IS, Canon EF100 F2.8, Canon 1.4 TC MKIII, 580 ex flashgun - yongnuo yn-565ex

www.MGSportsImages.co.uk

Comment

I'm using the original iPad. One of my colleagues has the iPad2, but she is away until next week. I'll check it out as soon as I can.
            Robert
            robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Still the same for me. Using the original ipad. Process above followed. Have just downloaded another PDF, user manual for my new 60D in fact, selected option to open in iBooks and it worked fine. On iphone4S too. Thanks for persevering with this Robert.

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Scott View Post
                I'm using the original iPad. One of my colleagues has the iPad2, but she is away until next week. I'll check it out as soon as I can.
                Thanks Robert, no great panic though! It's just a nice to have as I only have a wifi iPad and not the 3G version.
                Mike

www.MGSportsImages.co.uk

Comment

Just tried it on a mates ipad one, and doesn't work on his either. Shows all options etc, just doesn't make its way to ibooks or any other reader.

Comment

I would guess its operating system related and not iPad version (hardware)
                    Mike

www.MGSportsImages.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by bexman View Post
                      I would guess its operating system related and not iPad version (hardware)
                      Yes, definitely the software. I updated my iPad early today to iOS 5.0.1 and now I can't save downloaded pages as a PDF to iBooks! However, the downloaded pages do remain in the Safari tab even after the iPad is switched off and the wifi link disconnected. This is not ideal, but it does mean that you can take an issue with you for reading offline.

There is quite a lot online about problems relating to PDFs with the new version of iOS5. I'm following this up and will post any further information I can find. In the meantime, anyone using a pre-iOS5 system on their iPad might want to avoid upgrading for the moment.
                      Robert
                      robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Hi Robert, have you had any joy with this?
                        Mike

www.MGSportsImages.co.uk

Comment

Afraid not. See:

Almost certainly an iOS 5 issue, so not much I can do. Sorry.
                          Robert
                          robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

We have just heard from our digital edition provider that the HTML version is now fully compatible with iOS 5. This means that you should be able to save editions to iBook.

Please let me know if you encounter any problems with this.
                            Robert
                            robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Tried it on my ipad one and works a treat. Great. Thanks.

Comment

Great stuff! Thanks for sorting it
                                Mike

www.MGSportsImages.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X