Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: iPad application question

Originally posted by Robert Scott View Post
    I am sorry that you are still having problems with our digital edition.

If you can read the pages online you have logged in successfully. We don't have a trial version as such. You are using the full version, but it is set to expire at particular date.

I'm not sure of the relevance of the PDF apps you mention. I download using Safari and save to iBooks - no other apps are needed. Here is the detailed procedure I use.

1. Open Safari and log in to the EOS magazine digital edition (via PageSuite).

2. Touch Archive from the PageSuite menu at the top of the screen.

3. Select the issue you want to download from the thumbnails which appear at the bottom of the screen.

4. Touch the PageSuite Menu button at the top of the screen. Select 'Download this edition' from the drop down menu which appears.

5. Touch the thumbnails which appear at the bottom of the screen to select the pages you want to download (or touch the 'Select All' button above the thumbnails.

6. Touch the 'Download' button above the thumbnails. The pages will start to download.

7. After the pages have downloaded, a black menu bar appears briefly at the top of the displayed page. Touch the top of the displayed page, below the Safari bookmark bar, to make the black bar reappear.

8. Touch the 'Open in iBooks' button quickly before the bar disappears again.

9. Press the button at the bottom centre of the iPad to take you back to the screen displaying your apps.

10. Press the icon which opens the iBook app. The pages you have just downloaded may well open, even when your wifi link is disconnected. If not, go to the iBooks bookshelf. If a page opens which says "Cannot Connect to the iBookstore', touch the 'Library' button in the top left of the screen. This should take you to a screen which displays your downloads, including the pages you have just downloaded.

If this does not work for you, please let me know at which point it fails and also the iPad model you are using (iPad or iPad2) - although we have tested on both successfully.
    Wow that was cool. Now if I can remember this for the next quarter.

Tom

Comment

Working...
    X