• Show
Clear All

Burnley Library

Out today with my camera took the Burnley Library
    #1 colour

#2 mono

Comments welcome

Coda
    There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Re: Burnley Library

17 views no comments I give up.
    There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Never give up ................. there's always some "silly sod" that has an opinion and this instance it's me!

I have very mixed feelings about the building - architecturally it's very dour and not much more than a solid lump of masonry with a couple of columns thrown in. On that basis the B&W treatment does it justice, however, the flowers and a blue sky does make it a little more welcoming.

Having just cleaned my patio, I wouldn't welcome cleaning that lot.

Colin
      Colin

Comment

Originally posted by codachrome View Post
        17 views no comments I give up.
        I have several worse than this:

Landscape/Barming Church: 41 views no comment

I have many with only 1 comment and over 100 views.

If people dont want to comment - well so what?
        ef-r

Comment

Is the building tilting to the rIght? or is that converging parallels playing tricks with my eyes?
          ef-r

Comment

Just like buses. You wait ages for an opinion .............. then two come along at once!

Colin
            Colin

Comment

I have only just seen this of the two I prefer the mono

Comment

For me I think from a side angle and higher up rather than straight on might change it, did you get any showing a different aspect ?
                Dont miss understand nout wrong with your skills both pictures are well taken

cheers
                Mick
                7d canon EF-S18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS and a lot of luck ;-)

Comment

I agree with Brian ... there's something of a tilt somewhere ...

But typical of our Northern architecture. Well built, functional ... but because (If I recall my life in a northern town history) they used subs to build them ... they lack the wow factor of many of the boasting buildings the cotton, coal, shipping and train men owned.

Coda - I sometimes look and have nowt to say ... so don't comment.

Comment

Thanks for the replys....and comments...Mick its one oof them buildings where the only place higher is the county courts opposite...now to get into them I must do something wrong and get caught.
                    Im thinking a safe job...this has two results.1..I get caught and maybe get the chance to get the picture from above.2 get away with the cash and buy a new lens.

P.S the tilt is due to the low down angle im standing under a tree in full blossom.

Coda
                    Last edited by codachrome; 25-04-2011, 19:55.

Comment

These are two more I took and have corrected the verticals.

Coda

Comment

Didn't see this yesterday, had to stop half way through reading the forum yesterday.

I really like the b&w it suits the building well... but I also like the third one, the shadows and the strong colour really have a pull to it... (Well for me anyway )
                        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                        Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                        X