Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire

Thought I'd offer something to start the ball rolling. Not sure how this size will work on the forum (first posting of images), but we'll see?

Shot is of Blenheim Palace in Oxfordshire taken from across the lake . The panorama includes eight hand held shots taken with an EOS350d and a Sigma 17-70 (at 36mm) ISO100

The images were automerged in Photoshop using the Photomerge option (under automate menu), then cropped

I've include the final merged image, the image before cropping to give an idea of how the merge worked. (I must have one leg shorter than the other judging by the way the shots rise on the right hand side!!) and finally a section of the panorama at 100% (section is of the building on the horizon and almost central to the image).

The final image dimension is 51 x 9.5 inches

Update:
    Just found out how to link to larger photo:

Attached Files
    Last edited by Mike_W; 08-09-2009, 08:29. Reason: Added Link

Re: Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire

You must be very pleased with the end result. Have you done many panoramas, an have you fond an optimum focal length? When I've had a go I have found stitching the images together more difficult the wider the lens I use. I've often wondered if it's just me or if others have found the same.
    Dave

Comment

Re: Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire

To be honest Dave, it's the only one I've done. I was really just trying out the automerge option in Photoshop. As to focal length, I'm sure there probably is an optimal length on a given lens, however, I just 'zoomed' to a size that looked right through the viewfinder and fired away!

Overall I was pleased with the visual effect although it is difficult to see the scale on these images due to the permitted file size for uploads.

Thanks for looking.

Mike

Comment

Working...
      X