Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A different view of the Duomo of Milan.

Hello everyone.

These pictures were taken last year in Milan on a beautiful day in late August, if I remember correctly.

I chose these cuts to show the details of a beautiful church, photographed in 1000 different ways.

I have not researched the originality at all costs first because I'm not capable, then why would a claim really exaggerated, but I tried cutting a composition that is based on the lines.

I do not know if I have succeeded.

If you like let me know your opinions are always useful and welcome to grow.

Please excuse for the size of the images, Coda wrote how to do but I am having trouble downloading photobucket, I hope to soon.

Hello and see you soon.

Marco :-)

IMG_8878_1.jpg,

IMG_8879_1.jpg

Re: A different view of the Duomo of Milan.

Hi Marco, I know the angles and crops will not be to everyones taste but I love them. Anyone can take the ordinary standard view of the church which there will be thousands of the same. When I see a building or a scene I like I tend to look at it from all kinds of angles and perspectives which is why I love your photos. keep up the good work, I think they are brilliant :)

Joanne
    To be born Welsh is to be born privileged. Not with a silver spoon in your mouth, but music in your blood and poetry in your soul.

Comment

I like them....But the club I belong too does not and I still wind up the older members by putting them into competitiions.Its worth loosing to see the look on there faces.
      You must try load larger images,so we can get the full impact.

Coda
      There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

I'm another one that likes em... do like the strong lines and the crispness of the stone... amazing when you think how old they are.
        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by mammarazzi View Post
          Hi Marco, I know the angles and crops will not be to everyones taste but I love them. Anyone can take the ordinary standard view of the church which there will be thousands of the same. When I see a building or a scene I like I tend to look at it from all kinds of angles and perspectives which is why I love your photos. keep up the good work, I think they are brilliant :)

Joanne
          Hi Joanne,

I'm glad you liked them :-)

I realize that images like these are pretty hard to swallow, but this, like my other pictures, was searched and knowing that I would have liked a few still wanted to propose.

Thanks again for the welcome step and comment.

Hello and see you soon

Comment

Originally posted by codachrome View Post
            I like them....But the club I belong too does not and I still wind up the older members by putting them into competitiions.Its worth loosing to see the look on there faces.
            You must try load larger images,so we can get the full impact.

Coda
            Hello Coda,

I imagine that the older members do not like these frames, you know the purists have their own ideas and I respect them.

But photographing the Duomo di Milano is a risk the usual picture postcard which is good, mind you, but that becomes banal and could see the cathedral almost every day I tried a different view.

Thank you for the welcome passage and for the advice.

Hello and see you soon.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeGee View Post
              I'm another one that likes em... do like the strong lines and the crispness of the stone... amazing when you think how old they are.
              Hello DeeGee,

I thank you for the Garda passage and comment :-)

"freshness"of the stone is given by the constant attention that the "Fabbrica del Duomo" has great Church of Lombard.

The "Fabbrica del Duomo" was founded in 1387 by Gian Galeazzo Visconti to supervise the construction of the Church and then takes care of its maintenance and have recently finished cleaning the front side.

"Fabbrica" is the amount of factory in English.

Hello and see you soon.

Comment

Another vote in favour from me.
                Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Originally posted by Woolley View Post
                  Another vote in favour from me.
                  Thank you very much Woolley :-)

Comment

I think they are great. It makes a change to see a fresh perspective of something which I suspect has been photographed thousands of times by people from all over the world.
                    “Seeing is not enough; you have to feel what you photograph” – Andre Kertesz
                    http://smphotography.foliopic.com/

Comment

I like them too, made me think, although I probably fall into the older element I think we can still appriciate a well thought out composition. will even try the technique myself.

Ray

Comment

Working...
                      X