Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My review of the Epson R3000 has been published on-line

it can be seen on Ephotozine here

My camera is helping to look at the world more closely, then record what I see to share with others.

http://imagesfromnature.foliopic.com

Re: My review of the Epson R3000 has been published on-line

Well done Brian looks as if it could be great printer if get a good one

Comment

I've just heard via ephotozine that the printer I had on test was in fact damaged in transit, which would explain the problems I encountered, so yes, a first rate piece of kit and definitely one for me to consider when my HP 9180 goes to the "Great Junkpile in the Sky". Price is coming down nicely too
      My camera is helping to look at the world more closely, then record what I see to share with others.

Comment

Bit disappointing about the blacks - would never have occured to me that they would do such a stupid thing as that.

Are there any other good B&W printers being made now?
        ef-r

Comment

Epson have always done this Brian, at least with the 3000 you don't have to physically remove one cartridge to replace it with the other. (as you do with the 2800 / 2880 series)

I'm reviewing the Canon 9500 mk2 for them at the moment, it has a good rep for B&W printing but its too early for me to comment yet.

I would be willing to go with the 3000 as the bulk of my printing is on fine art papers anyway, but hopefully won't have to make that decision for some time (so long as they keep making the HP inks I need)

Comment

I have a 1400 which only has one black - however monochrome is not good (but colour is fine). Would be good to see a 4 black printer (2 black, 2 grey)
            ef-r

Comment

monochrome prints on the current batch of pigment printers (Canon 9500, Epson 2880 / 3000 and HP 9180 /8850 are all excellent, up to wet processing standard now)

Comment

Disappointed about the flushing inks again! Surely they could add a print head to eliminate the wasteage?

By the way you state"According to Epson’s own information the former change uses about 1mm but the latter takes 3mm" Should that not read ml instead of mm? :)
                5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

My thoughts exactly Jim re: the head flushing, Canon & HP both managed to fit the extra head and avoid this. Same with the simple feed mechanism for board / thick paper of their printers vs Epson's somewhat complicated latch mechanism - but the Epson results are stunning!

Yup, ml not mm (and me a retired scientist ) mind you, the Editor missed it too

Comment

Originally posted by oldcanon View Post
                    My thoughts exactly Jim re: the head flushing, Canon & HP both managed to fit the extra head and avoid this. Same with the simple feed mechanism for board / thick paper of their printers vs Epson's somewhat complicated latch mechanism - but the Epson results are stunning!

Yup, ml not mm (and me a retired scientist ) mind you, the Editor missed it too
                    The R2400 is still a stunning printer and to be honest I won't be upgrading just yet! I use a Fotospeed CIS system that works very well and with custom profiles, quality is superb. For the minor upgrade the R3000 is, I'll hold off a bit yet :)
                    5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

Well, I finally cracked and purchased the R3000.
                      It was getting more difficult to get the inks for the 9180 and HP had stopped producing some of my favourite papers.
                      Add to that a free 3 year warranty offer and it had to be done. (of course, 2 days after I received the printer canon announce their excellent looking PRO-1 but looking at the cost and price of this I doubt it will ever arrive on my print desk)

Colour matching with the R3000 is very different (and seems more diffiuclt) than my HP9180, but I had been using the latter for 5+ years so I guess I may have forgotten the learning curve I went through with that )

Comment

Still using my R2400 and fotospeed inks on a variety of papers. Superb printer still!! Can't see me moving soon (unless it's to a bigger printer)!

Comment

Working...
                        X