Do I need a new head??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I need a new head??

My family would doubtless say "yes", but what about my Pixma iP5000 printer?
    I'm not getting anything from the 6BK ink cartridge, despite it being OK for ink. I have run the deep cleaning routine several times to no avail.
    Not troubled by this for basic document printing as the 3eBK is used for that, but the 6BK is crucial for printing photographs, being in effect the black colour.
    Is there anything else I can try? Can I re-head the machine myself if necessary? Is it worth it? Should I change printer?
    Cheers, Chris.
    Just chuggin' along.

Re: Do I need a new head??

I had my iP5000 professionally cleaned & serviced some while back, because of a similar problem... but in reality - for the cost - it wouldn't have been that much more to buy a new printer!

I did it because the alternative was simply to junk it - and I saw no reason to do that...

At least it's been trouble free since then - and still producing great prints for me...
    I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
    Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Re: Do I need a new head??

Hi,

I have found this link which is related to printer cartridge issues. You should

check out this link ,it might be helpful to resolve your printer cartridge related

issue.
      Laser Printer

Comment

Working...
      X