70-200 f/4 L IS and a warning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

70-200 f/4 L IS and a warning.

I've received my new lens yesterday, and it's lovely. Even ignoring the IQ the general feel and smooth operation are worth the money. I've always been satisfied with the shots I get from my 70-300 f/4-5.6 IS and thought that this 'L' thing was an affectation of poncy pro photogs, but after handling the new lens I'm in love!

In fact I had two deliveries yesterday. The other one was a bottle of 16yo Cragganmore malt which was a birthday present from my son. It's just as lovely as the lens :)

And the warning? Have nothing to do with Camerabox. They are impossible to contact by 'phone, only rarely answer emails and blatantly lie about delivery times. I only managed to get my lens delivered after sending a recorded delivery letter threatening legal action.

Stiil, my lens is here and is travelling to the Lake District with me tomorrow.

Regards,

Stuart
    Last edited by Stuart Rae; 11-09-2009, 20:32.
    Comment and Criticism welcome.
    Edits OK as long as they're not B&W conversions.

Re: 70-200 f/4 L IS and a warning.

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the warning - I was looking the price of their 300mm f4 'L' lens. I guess I'll have to fork out a bit more cash & get one from a more reliable source.

Hope you enjoy the results from your new lens.

TTFN,
    Neil
    Neilly's Flickr Page
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/60833437@N08/
    Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Neil-...67642190098333

Comment

Give Kerso a try on ebay
      All the best
      Peter Woods LRPS

My Web Site

Comment

I second Kerso.
        Dave

Comment

A quick google might have helped to make a decision to use or not .

Comment

i used camerabox only last month to buy a waterproof camera and i never had a bit of trouble, my order went through and i recieved delivery the next day no problems what so ever
            Cameras: Canon EOS 7D
            Lenses: Canon 17-40mm L f4, Canon 300mm f4 L IS USM, Canon 70-200mm f2.8 L MK2 IS USM, Canon 60mm Macro f2.8, Canon 40mm f2.8 STM, Sigma 10-20mm f4.5-5.6, Lensbaby Muse + Double Glass Lens, Canon 1.4x Extender MK2

Comment

Working...
            X