Cardiff Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cardiff Bay

Place of my Birth and an incredibly happy childhood - some shots I took today whilst walking with my lovely Mum.

[/url][/IMG]

[/url][/IMG]

[/url][/IMG]

[/url][/IMG]

[/url][/IMG]
    To be born Welsh is to be born privileged. Not with a silver spoon in your mouth, but music in your blood and poetry in your soul.

Re: Cardiff Bay

Nice shot of the dolphins (#1).

And well done for NOT shooting the Norwegian Church or Pier Head building - much as I like both, they must be the most over-photographed buildings in Wales (possible after Castell Coch)..
    “If you're gonna be a maniac, pyro's not a good maniac.” Larry David
    "Go ahead and play The Blues if it'll make you happy". Homer J. Simpson
    "War, children, it's just a shot away... Love, sister, it's just a kiss away". Mick Jagger & Keith Richards
    "I was in the band, ok. The girls were pretty interested, you know, with the guitar. They liked that.” Larry David

EOS 5D, 24-105L, 430EXII, G11

Comment

Originally posted by BT Bob View Post
      Nice shot of the dolphins (#1).
      ?? what dolphins - have I missed something?

#2 for me... not sure why, but I guess I like the mix of textures and colour across the middle of the shot, with just the sky and sea top and bottom. Nice mix of shots there, good set!

All the best, Mike.
      flickr
      5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

#2 and #5 for me Joanne. They make me think and wonder, tickle my fantasy. Very nice.
        Rutger
        Do feel free to comment on any of my contributions.
        EOS-500D. Flickr: _rutger_

Comment

What is #5 (the face) all about? There must be a story!

I spent a lot (school holidays) of my junior years at tother end of Welsh Wales ... with maternal grandparents. I am part Welsh ...

Thanks for sharing these spelndid pictures

Comment

number 3 and number 5 my favourites there. Looks like you had a good day out, and plenty to photograph.
            Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
            Di's Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by mikep View Post
              ?? what dolphins - have I missed something?

#2 for me... not sure why, but I guess I like the mix of textures and colour across the middle of the shot, with just the sky and sea top and bottom. Nice mix of shots there, good set!

All the best, Mike.
              The wooden mooring posts are known as dolphins.

"War, children, it's just a shot away... Love, sister, it's just a kiss away". Mick Jagger & Keith Richards
              "I was in the band, ok. The girls were pretty interested, you know, with the guitar. They liked that.” Larry David

Comment

Originally posted by MX5 View Post
                What is #5 (the face) all about? There must be a story!
                This beautiful sculpture, a combination of a face and the bow of a boat is the Merchant Seafarers' War Memorial. Built in 1997, this memorial commemorates the merchant seamen of Cardiff, Barry and Penarth who left during the Second World War and never returned.

Comment

This beautiful sculpture, a combination of a face and the bow of a boat is the Merchant Seafarers' War Memorial. Built in 1997, this memorial commemorates the merchant seamen of Cardiff, Barry and Penarth who left during the Second World War and never returned.
                  Thanks Bob ... decades since I was last at Barry - @woodhams scrap yard ;-) and Cardiff visiting BT to chat about SystemX. Looks an appropriate memorial ... nicely done.

Comment

The wooden mooring posts are known as dolphins.
                    Thanks BT Bob!

All the best, Mike.
                    flickr
                    5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Originally posted by MX5 View Post
                      Thanks Bob ... decades since I was last at Barry - @woodhams scrap yard ;-) and Cardiff visiting BT to chat about SystemX.
                      Aha - Stadium House? I was a Strowger man myself, next door in the old Empire exchange - now demolished and replaced with the Millennium Stadium. Then I moved into Datacomms and networking. Good stuff.

Comment

Hello Joan,

nice place and nice pictures, shame about the first to have the horizon there are wrong and the last cut parts, but overall the photos are beautiful and full of life.

Brava.

Hello.

Marco

Comment

Working...
                        X