Aysgarth (North Yorks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aysgarth (North Yorks)

Did a 13+ mile circular Aysgarth - Askrigg – Aysgarth. Strange we noticed lots of dead rabbits (and even more live ones), sheep & lambs, cows & calves (even though we walked through their fields they didn't bother us), horse & foal and finally a field with a grazing bull in (again he didn't bother us, even though we passed within feet of the big chap). Day was cloudy, the odd shower, no wind.

1. Aysgarth Bridge

2. This signpost was somewhat difficult to see

3. Return route was track bed

This may reopen one day ... see Wensleydale railway association

4. And Riverside

5. The farmers were growing lots of meadow grass for the winter

(The mountain is Pen-y-Ghent (2277') and I've been down the nose ... that vertical bit on the top right)

6. Finally the set wouldn't be complete without the falls.

Usual kit (40D plus 17-40L). If you spot a technical mistake then please tell.

Re: Aysgarth (North Yorks)

Fantastic countryside and views, well photographed, even though the light hasn't done you any favours.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Nice set MX I tried to take a picture of Pen-Y-Gent on Saturday from Horton in Ribbelsdale but it was covered in low cloud.

Peter
      There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Thanks for comments. Looks like Saturday was a better day than Sunday. Blue sky wise that is.

Got chatting to the chap that runs the Falls (food & drink place), as well as owning the falls, a forest, mill, manor house, farm .... he was a singer in that Stoke group from the early 60's called The Mauraduers.

Comment

Did you get any of the church? When I was last there the grave yard was covered in small yellow flowers.

Peter
          There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

St Andrews Aysgarth:

Largest graveyard in England ... well so they say, but I think man with mower had been (oh as well as sheep in part of the graveyard ... yes really).

I'll hold my hands up ... I cloned SWMBO out as she doesn't like her image on t'Internet.

Comment

Excellent piece of cloning.. wish mine was that good.

Do like Aysgarth Bridge, not sure why, I keep returning to it... I do like it.
              Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
              Di's Flickr

Comment

Thanks Di. I normally don't do much cloning. It's just I hadn't a photo of the church without SWMBO in shot. So needs must.

Not the best of days for photography, but a splendid walk. Not sure what will happen to paths on the trackbed when (if) the railway returns. But that'll be splendid, the current 22 miles from Northallerton on the East Coast Main Line to Redmire and then the return of track from Redmire to Garsdale (on the Settle and Carlisle). Actually an important link returned.

Comment

Guys (mx5 & coda), do you realise you make sick (as in amazing!) pictures?
                  My god, there is so much to learn.. ;)
                  Do feel free to comment on any of my contributions.
                  EOS-500D. Flickr: _rutger_

Comment

Originally posted by vdzande View Post
                    Guys (mx5 & coda), do you realise you make sick (as in amazing!) pictures?
                    My god, there is so much to learn.. ;)
                    In my case it's a lot more to do with scenes we have in these splendid collection of islands rather than any photographic skill on my part. My skill is in map reading and walking to these places!

Comment

Lovely shots mx. We're off there in the summer.
                      Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
                      EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Comment

Well, those images brought back some memories. We haven't been to Aysgarth for about 22 years, but I remember walking a long way up the falls as the water level was very low at the time, it was a sunny day and the place was heaving with visitors!

Thanks for sharing MX5.

Chris

Comment

MX5, once again a superb set of pics. I sincerely hope you are going to put all these pics to good use via say country file or some such publication.Thanks again for sharing and keep them coming.
                          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
                          X