1D Mk 1V or Nikon D3 X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1D Mk 1V or Nikon D3 X

As the Nikon that took the photo of the international Space Station did not survive re-entry, should they have taken the canon?:tongue:

Re: 1D Mk 1V or Nikon D3 X

I thought they took quite a few Noinks ... still they should also have some Canon gear. Fair play and all that. Make a good review ID4 vs D3X at 200 miles (or whatever the ISS flys at).

Comment

The D3x is a stonking camera (a colleague went to Cypress and has set up a wedding photography business there, mainly using a D3x), I use Canon gear at home and work, but fair play it's a great bit of kit. (Sorry, I have no interest in any Canon vs. Nikon wars, although their 12-24 is staggering, while the big whites rule...)
      John

Comment

Originally posted by DrJon View Post
        (Sorry, I have no interest in any Canon vs. Nikon wars, although their 12-24 is staggering, while the big whites rule...)
        John
        C'mon guys,
        humour must be in the mind of the beholder. I'll not try humour again, or will try and be funny next time.

Comment

And there was methinking it was a bumpy landing, not a bumpy thread

Comment

Originally posted by hughbie View Post
            C'mon guys,
            humour must be in the mind of the beholder. I'll not try humour again, or will try and be funny next time.
            Oh, no, no, wasn't having a pop at you... probably wrote that a bit quickly but was talking about me and not you, very sorry if didn't seem that way, and I wasn't objecting to the original post, just getting in early in case the thread went off that way...

Comment

I'm with John here ... working where I work your sense of humour can run a bit thin ;-)

Actually I know there are 'blads on the moon and even one in orbit. Noinks seem to be NASA's weapon of choice ... not done any research as to if Canons have got into space. Anyone know?

Comment

Havn't heard of a Canon but know that they hit a Blad with a hammer once as it wasn't working properly, that seemed to improve things for a short period

Comment

My Blads used to go wrong quite often, but I was never quite brave enough to "whack em wiv an ammer!"

Colin
                  Colin

Comment

I don't know about Canon's in space, but I remember these guys must have had one hell of a lens budget:

2 lots of 8 x 200mm f1.8 L lenses, plus some spares, must have made for an exciting day for a Canon sales guy...

Comment

Working...
                    X