Image uploads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Image uploads

Help! I've followed all the instructions regarding downloading from Flikr, but when I right click on the forum/bird page all I get in the square is the http:// string of codes. What am I doing wrong? It all seemed so simple but doesn't happen that way.

Mike

Re: Image uploads

Is your album on flickr set for all to see? If its set to private or friends only, you won't beable to pull the image to here.

and when you've got the image location off flicker as you transfering it to the little insert photo box correctly? If you've left the Http so that there are two, then you won't see the image also...

This is the only thing I can think of...

Best of luck
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Comment

Mike

When you get the box with http://, that's where you paste the BBCode that copied from Flickr! Make sure you've set the size to a max side length of 800 in Flickr BEFORE you copy the BBCode too!

Hope that helps. All the best, Mike.
      flickr
      5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

New here, as I am, I experienced same problem, fixed by using the "go advanced" button to reply, the image appeared in the writting box after using that feature.

Comment

I have just don my first post on the Fav pic using the code from Flickr..it does work if you grab the BB Code and select the button for it below the code.
          look forward to being part of this forum.
          Marco (UK)

Comment

I right click on the photo and select "copy image location" on site I click on the little picture frame - it has a tree in it and paste the information there. Works a treat.

Forgot to add... this is using Firefox.
            Di's Flickr

Comment

Yes, Di, I do the same - quicker than pasting all the BB code. I use Firefox as well, but find that method doesn't work on my laptop that refuses to let me use Firefox so I have Internet Explorer there.
              Di

Comment

On internet explorer, I right cick, go down to properties and copy the code from there. Mind you, I still have ie7, you'd have to check if you've moved onto ie8.
                Di's Flickr

Comment

Thanks Di, I think I've got I.E. 7 still - just don't use th elaptop very often and thencan't rmember how to do it - but your way sounds simple!!

Comment

Click on the arrow next to the Facebook/Twitter box above the image you wish to post.
                    Click on GRAB HTML/BBCode making sure the BBC button is selected.
                    Choose the size nearest 800px - perhaps this will be Large.
                    Click the link in the box. It should turn blue. Right Click and select Copy.
                    Paste in your thread on the forum and your image should appear.

Mike
                    www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

Working...
                    X