Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sailing at I.O.W.(Need input)

Cowes week sailing

Not sure about this picture and begining to think I need to invest in a new camera as I have had to put this one through photoshop to make it half decent,what am I doing wrong?

Please comment.
    My friends call me Woody

Re: Sailing at I.O.W.(Need input)

Without seeing the EXIF data, (camera, lens & settings) it's difficult to comment.

Unfortunately, posting images here strips the EXIF data off the file... If you host them elsewhere, generally the EXIF data will stay intact.

If you can post it up, we'll take a shot at a comment.
    I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
    Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

I cant find the data but it was shot with a Canon 400d,Lens was a Sigma 70-300mm,iso was about 400
      My friends call me Woody

Comment

dont know mif it's me or not but it seems very soft,funnily enough I used to have a 450d which sufferd from that problem of soft images changed to a 20d and no more soft images !!!!!!!!!!!!!

dave

Comment

Zed one, I don't think it is your camera that is to blame. Rather its softness would be the lens. A sigma lens is not a Canon L series lens - you have to pay for that! In order to overcome the softness of the lens, perhaps a little more sharpness applied?? Did you use a tripod?, what shutter speed did you use - because with telephoto lenses, you MUST be careful of camera shake. A good rule of thumb when you don't have a tripod and using telephotos lenses is to set the shutter speed to the same focal length. E.g. If your using 250mm then your shutter speed should be 250 or higher. This should help against camera shake!
          However, not having used the higher models, it is difficult to say. I'm using the 350D and quite happy with it!
          Richard

Think before you press the shutter button!

Comment

A polariser might have helped, it was obviously a bright day.
            David

http://hotkeezphotography.blogspot.com/

Comment

Does Photo shop have a Gamma +- adjustment?
              David

http://hotkeezphotography.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
              X