lone fisherman at sunset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lone fisherman at sunset

Taken last night at St Ishmaels beach (about 3 miles from my house). The land opposite with the wind turbines is Laugharne. The fisherman said he caught 13 fish in an hour the previous night

Two shots in landscape mode stitched in CS4. 5D and Sigma 70-200 1/13s, f16, ND grad filter on sky. Tripod.

SEE IT ON BLACK

Re: lone fisherman at sunset

Nice image with lots to look at-But it could do with some more PS work, A good s curve in levels and +10 or more sat makes it pop

Dave

Comment

Or if you have CS4 then open in ACR and use the grad tool top to bottom at -1 then up the sat and vibrance and then open and do the levels and add some more sat-looks great but looses the muted tones that it has at present

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by DCINNC View Post
        Or if you have CS4 then open in ACR and use the grad tool top to bottom at -1 then up the sat and vibrance and then open and do the levels and add some more sat-looks great but looses the muted tones that it has at present

Dave
        I do have CS4. I must admit I thought this would come out better than it did. If you want to try editing it I am quite happy for you to have a go and repost. I have the original RAWs, but here is the stitched TIFF http://uploading.com/files/fe18mbdd/lone_fisherman.tif/

Comment

Heres a quick edit done in CS4 using the grad tool in ACR

Comment

Thanks, Dave

Mine looks more like the natural scene, but then the average viewer wouldn't know that! Your edit looks more dramatic due to the extra contrast and colour, and the fisherman in your edit stands out more, I think. Both are good in their own way. I'm interested to hear what others think.

Thanks for the edit.

Comment

I agree with Rob here. Sorry Dave but yours is not natural.

Well done Rob it is a good shot.

Eddie

Comment

I will have to look on my calibrated scren tommorrow and see how far out my laptop is

Dave

Comment

Somewhere in between would be good for me. It' a great image all the same – I like the juncture positioning of fisherman and wind farm. I might be tempted to remove the rightmost two turbines though, giving a bit of space between turbines and the frame edge.
                  Dave

Comment

I agree, somewhere in the middle would be nice... The edit is over saturated and some of the detail in the shadows has been lost. I like the natural pastel colours in the original but do think the midtones could be tweaked just a touch.

Mike
                    www.mikesivyer.co.uk

Comment

OK. I have increased the mid-tones slightly so it's somewhere in the middle of the two versions - but probably still closer to the original. It does seem to have a bit more punch now. Also cloned out the two far-right turbines as Dave suggested. Thanks for the input so far.

THIS IMAGE ON BLACK

Comment

Yes, for me this one is it. Well done.

Eddie

Comment

Now all you need to do is hit Command–P
                          Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                            Now all you need to do is hit Command–P
                            If you mean PRINT (CTRL/P) I just did, and it looks rather super in print. Thanks to all for the comments and advice.

Comment

I think you have nailed it with the last edit, great shot, one to be proud of.

Constructive criticism and comments greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X