Accidental image.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accidental image.

I am still finding my way round my camera, so while out fishing at weekend I was taking a lot of photos trying out different settings etc. Most of the resultant images went straight to the trash having served their purpose. While messing around trying out long exposures in the dark something knocked my line illuminating the led’s of my electronic bite alarm. This created a total fluke of an image that was created by accident rather than design. I had to clone out a ghost of the led’s from the image which I presume were a result of me jumping when the alarm sounded but I quite like the end result. Considering that it is very easy for me to replicate this fluke i.e. get the alarm to light up at the right time, would you re-take the photo in a different way, settings, framing of the shot, at dusk with more light etc or would you run with the original and tweak that?

Exposure 26 seconds, f/10, ISO 400, 55mm other than a little clone work this is the jpg as it came from the camera.

[IMG] alarm by andy jack, on Flickr[/IMG]

Re: Accidental image.

I like, this the only thing I think I may have done is put a little ange on the rod from bottom left more to top right

Comment

Now thats a happy accident. Agree with Muscat, put the rod a little bit more diagonal.
      Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
      Di's Flickr

Comment

That is a happy accident-I like it. I hope you have more 'accidents' like that!!!
        hhcanon

Comment

I always take the happy accidents in photography ........................ it makes up for the many more unhappy one's.

Colin
          Colin

Comment

Really nice the led's have really enhanced your mono (or maybe braid), I think you should try the shots with all different light levels just to see how it works, you must be a bit of a hero all that fishing gear to carry plus camera, tripod & lenses,

Ray

Comment

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. This coming weekend I will try and take similar photos with the rod at the suggested angle, different light levels etc. It is strange my angling brain simply would not let me imagine the shot framed in such a way. Rods don’t point upwards like that in most angling situations. Which is why your advice is invaluable. Perhaps only a none angler and/or somebody with much more experience would see potentially the best way to frame the shot.

Its clear mono Ray which is probably why it has taken on the light so well. I would like to confirm that I am indeed a hero, like a pack horse, trudging miles with a massive burden as if it was not even there. I would like to, but I can’t lol. In reality on the lake I am currently fishing I can drive my car to within a few feet of my chosen peg unload and then return the car to the car park.

Unless it’s a total disaster and for some reason I can’t make the shot, I will post up the result after the weekend.

Comment

Why not just rotate the picture?
                ef-r

Comment

Great image even though as a fly fisherwoman I would never had the opportunity of taking that photo as we don't just sit around and wait for the fish to bite!!!!!! ;)

Joanne xx
                  To be born Welsh is to be born privileged. Not with a silver spoon in your mouth, but music in your blood and poetry in your soul.

Comment

LOL No doubt your subtle nudge in the ribs will be lost on the none angling members of this forum. I have been known to chuck bits of fluff around in the countryside myself, but much prefer the more static angling methods. As well as being more relaxing it gives you much more opportunity to smell the roses along the way.
                    I am quickly learning exactly how much of an accident this image was. Replicating the light levels is proving very difficult. I would just rotate the image, if only I knew how to do this lol

Comment

Working...
                    X