Manual Lens for Macro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual Lens for Macro

I have some manual bellows and would like to obtain a manual lens so that I can close it down. My 50MM EOS stays fully open (as you would expect) but therefore gives me a very limited depth of field.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Roy

Re: Manual Lens for Macro

It's not something I know an awful lot about, but have you thought of using a reversing ring in conjunction with your bellows unit? So long as it has the same filter size as the rev ring you choose to buy, any lens by any manufacturer with then fit. Older pre-AF optics usually stop down mechanically. I'd try fixed focal lenses and probably start with a 50mm.
    Dave

Comment

If you have a very basic set of manual bellows then you really have a much largers range of options. Using mount adaptorsenables you to consider virtually any lens on the market (or that ever was on the market). At the moment, lots of folk are ditching their old darkroom kit and that means there are some nice enlarging lenses available at low prices. Check the SRB-Gritum web site for the necessary mount adaptors (or reversing rings) and Robert is indeed your fathers brother.

Graeme

Comment

I have just bought a basic set of bellows on ebay with an m42 adapter and Carl Zeiss 50mm f2.8 fully manual lens. Now I havent received it yet and I am hoping it is all in good nick but the lens seems popular and here is a link to some pics on somebodys flickr page

PS there are loads on ebay at the mo...

Comment

Working...
        X