Canon Pixma 9500 Pro: Ink costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon Pixma 9500 Pro: Ink costs

I have had a 9500 Pro A3 for some time but have only used it regularly recently. With a calibrated screen and custom profiles it produces super results. It's fast and quiet, although very bulky.

But ...

The cost of ink is frightening. Each of the ten tanks costs £9 from 7DayShop (£14 from Canon!) and it drinks ink. I've reduced the resolution of prints to 180 ppi without any discernible loss of quality but it still costs far too much.

Has anyone got any experience of this machine and recommendations please? Marrutt say they plan a compatible ink but not yet.

Re: Canon Pixma 9500 Pro: Ink costs

Whilst I have 'only' the 9000 Mark II ... it too drinks ink. Fortunately not all tanks are used at the same rate so I find I'm only buying tanks now and then. PhotoCyan and PhotoMagenta go fastest.

I buy from 7dayshop and MyMemory (whichever is cheaper). I've always avoid third party inks.

Comment

I have the i9950 A3+ and that can slurp ink for England.

On a previous Epson, I used compatible inks and it produced mediocre prints and gummed up the printer in no time at all. I have no doubt there are genuinely compatible inks available, but how can I tell I won't have a repeat of the Epson problem? In short, I can't ,so I keep shelling out the hard earned for when I want top quality prints at home.

When I first bought the printer, the inks were £6 each!

Colin
      Colin

Comment

That's sort of reassuring! 7Day Shop used to be £8.99 and are now £9.49. I can't find any on MyMemory. I have also used Cano itself (fearsome expensive) and Argos but the latter don't show them now so i stick to 7DayShop.

I find 180 ppi gives good results but I'm reluctant to go lower.

Comment

Working...
        X