Hatta Dam, UAE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hatta Dam, UAE

Here is one of my recent panoramas of the Hatta Dam in the United Arab Emirates taken in the heat of summer this July ...
    Attached Files

Re: Hatta Dam, UAE

Very nice Pippa, do you do a lot of panoramas? Is this stitched?
    Dave

Comment

Awesome shot! Any chance of some further details ie how many shots and how you put them together or are you using a panoramic camera?!?!?

Rob

Comment

nice one.... will have a go to hatta soon.. he he :)
        Regards
        Maneef Mohammed
        Canon EOS 1000 D | EF S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 |Sigma 70-300 mm f/4-5.6 | Nissin Flash Di466 | Canon Powershot A550
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/maneef/

Comment

Is a stitch of 3 images using the canon photostitch software ( it really is not that bad!!) - I used a 50D ( I really enjoy it and mine is not noisy) with the sigma 10-20mm on a 'cheap and nasty' tripod ( it does not have a fancy pano head) . I will check the exact exif data re the f-stop and add it later.

My problem with the image was the rocks on the left hand side of image as there was no way of getting them out of the shot ...it was either them or the green metal rail to my right and the rocks looked less man-made!

Pippa

Comment

Pippa;

A suggestion for you...

I found your web-site; but was initially confused (I'm easily confused!)...

The browser shows the images as loading - but then I couldn't see anything... until I scrolled all the way down to the bottom of the page to see the full images...

You might want to look at loading thumbnails into the main-frame and then link to a gallery from there... wold make it more "user-friendly" for potential clients - and give the images a better show-case!

Just my two dirhams worth!
            I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
            Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

You are most definitely on the wrong website must the old one which has a bit of a blog on it...I did not think I would be googled after putting up one pic on this site....
              try the new one http://pippamchale.webs.com

You will see there is quick pix on the rhs... also my clients don't seem to have a problem with the new website. I did not like the clickpic option.
              Last edited by White Butterfly; 22-09-2009, 08:01. Reason: additional comment

Comment

Hi Pippa;

Much better...

In that case I suggest you simply clear-out anything that's on the old site, strip the page, and then just hot-link it straight to the new site. That will be seamless for viewers, and you won't run the risk of doughnut-brains like me looking and walking away...

FYI - I saw your tag on the Hatta-Dam image and Googled "Pippa McHale " and the auto-suggestion that came up was "pippa mchale dubai" and that leads to http://pippamchale.synthasite.com/

You also need to update your "timeline" for the site being up & running!

Good luck with the business...
                I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
                Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Yes Canon Fodder!I know I have been a bit slow in sorting it out but I have been very seriously ill since just after this pano was taken and have had limited time in which to sort the out the various site issues but as soon as I am able I will do so . Thanks ...

Comment

Your pictures are great but the website design is awful. Do yourself a big favour and get a new site done properly. Even a free wordpress photo site would work, and look, better than the current site. To be a professional you must appear to be a professional.

Have a look at Prophoto 2 . I have a site - www.exmoorimaging.com - made with this cheap software and it works brilliantly and is easy to run. I'm not connected to the makers by the way.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                    X