St Asaph Cathedral, Denbighshire, North Wales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

St Asaph Cathedral, Denbighshire, North Wales

This Cathedral is the smallest in mainland UK. (The smallest is on Shetland Islands).
    All photos taken with my Sigma 10-20mm wide angle lens having it's first outing since purchase 6 months ago!!!!!!!!! All C&C welcome

(i) Cathedral from the side

(ii) Cathedral from the front.

(iii) Cathedral from the side

(iv) Inside of the cathedral

(v) Inside of the cathedral

(vi) The Naked Christ- Sculpture by Michele Coxon.
    Last edited by Nathaniel; 16-08-2011, 21:21.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: St Asaph Cathedral, Denbighshire, North Wales

Are these with your new 600D?
    ef-r

Comment

Not yet. The camera is due to arrive in a few days time. I have sold my 550d. These photos were taken with my 450d.
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Nice shots, Nathaniel and good luck in your new home.
        Will you be making the short trip to Snowdonia for some mountain photos?
        EOS600D, 17-40mm L, 70-300mm IS, 50mm f1.8, 18-135mm STM, Powershot S95, 12 extension tube, Speedlight 380 EX.

Comment

Nice shots, like the first interior one
          EOS 600d, ef 18-55 is kit lens, 50 mm 1.8 mkii, Tamron 70-300, 430EXii

Comment

Nat – Hope the move went smoothly to Welsh Wales?

Good snaps especially if first outing of the 10-20 as you’ve kept the beast under control. At the 10mm end the lens can really exaggerate distortions if not perfectly (geometrically) aligned.

So when the 600D turns up -- some nice photos of The Duke of Lancaster (Mostyn), the Ormes and its mines and tramways, ... You are spoilt for splendid countryside ;-)

Comment

Deva, Celtex,MX5 ; thanks for your comments. It looks as if I have come into the light through a dark tunnel, after the stress of selling my big house, downsizing and moving. Photography took a back seat all that time. I am now living near my medical son and family on account of the usual health problems when age catches up. I am still at sixes and sevens trying to get myself straight in my smaller apartment. I am anyway not too far away from Chester (20 miles) and so within spitting distance of England.

Snodonia will have to wait a bit till I am really ready to relax after my big upheaval. The North Wales coast is very nice with lots of marine life and will be out an about,hopefully soon.
              Thanks again for your comments. glad that I had not lost all my skills, advice given by members during my "dark days"!!! Next time I will take my tripod with me so that I can get the lines straight. I just wanted to see how the big beast really operated, as I did not use the wide angle after purchase till yesterday.(I boiught the lens when I did because I was getting it approx £80 cheaper than the prices on Ebay and much much cheaper than on amazon).

Nathaniel
              Last edited by Nathaniel; 17-08-2011, 08:46.

Comment

Hi Nathaniel, good to see yuo back and glad that the move went well and you are now settling down OK.

Enjoy the lens it certainly seems to have worked well for you and you will get even better results with use I am sure

Comment

Hi Nathaniel

Good to hear that "Indiana Jones" is back with us and weilding the camera once again.

It's been far too quiet without you.

Colin
                  Colin

Comment

Don't worry Colin. I will be stirring up the hornets nest in the very near future. My new 600d arrived today and I hope to relax with my photography whilst getting some jobs done in the flat. Must start using my new lenses as well, which were hibernating for some time.

Comment

Hi Nathaniel, hope you will be very happy in your new home, Noth Wales is a beautiful place to live, you will be able to test your new camera in some magnificent scenery, of those posted I really like the first indoor image, I presume it was hand held which makes it even more impressive. glad you are back online.

Ray

Comment

Do like the inside shots. The colours come through really well.
                        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                        Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                        X