Comment

Re: Recommend an A4 Printer

Originally posted by MX5 View Post
      I think you've answered your own question
      Now, if only Canon would do the £100 cash back deal again lol

John

Comment

Well guys decided on a Canon pixma MG6150. I'v reserved it at PC World, £99.99 not bad considering it was £150 when it came out. Thanks for the advice.

John

Comment

You now need a sample paper set from Permajet

I tried a few brands before deciding on Fuji Premium Pro & Canon paper. Liked Ilford and Permajet as well.

Comment

You now need a sample paper set from Permajet

I tried a few brands before deciding on Fuji Premium Pro & Canon paper. Liked Ilford and Permajet as well.
            Where do I get the Permajet sample paper set from? I have reserved some Canon photo paper with the printer, not a bad price I think.

John

Comment

I have to agree, printing full color photographs can really be expensive and you should get one that would give you quality prints with a less expensive ink refill. Canon printers really provide superb prints but their ink refills tend to be on the more costly side so I would stay away from that if you think you would be doing a lot of photos. Kodak and Lexmark should suit your quite well.

Comment

Originally posted by John27 View Post
                Where do I get the Permajet sample paper set from? I have reserved some Canon photo paper with the printer, not a bad price I think.

John
                John - sorry missed your reply - Permajet Test Packs.

Comment

Originally posted by ldonnan View Post
                  I have to agree, printing full color photographs can really be expensive and you should get one that would give you quality prints with a less expensive ink refill. Canon printers really provide superb prints but their ink refills tend to be on the more costly side so I would stay away from that if you think you would be doing a lot of photos. Kodak and Lexmark should suit your quite well.
                  I went for a Canon printer, and I'm happy with the quality, although not used it enough to know how heavy on ink it's gonna be.

John - sorry missed your reply - Permajet Test Packs.
                  No worries mate, I'll check that link out. I didn't realise there was so many different types of photo paper.

John

Comment

Too late now for my twopence worth but my choice would be Kodak every time.
                    The print quality is better than the Epson & Canon printers I've owned in the past and so cheap to run.
                    So much so that I use it for wedding proof prints.
                    I'm also an active Camera Club member and quite often the judge comments on the excellent print quality.
                    To get the best results its best to use Kodak paper.

Mike
                    www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

Originally posted by SamFisher View Post
                      The print quality is better than the Epson & Canon printers I've owned in the past and so cheap to run.
                      I'm also an active Camera Club member and quite often the judge comments on the excellent print quality.

Mike
                      I am surprised that a 3 colour printer will give better results than a 5 colour printer ...
                      ef-r

Comment

Brian
                        The Kodak printer has a colour cartridge with 5 colours and a seperate black cartridge.

Mike
                        www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

Looks like you are using an Apple Mac if so stay away from Lexmark the compatibility with macs isn't the best.
                          Col
                          Col

Comment

Originally posted by SamFisher View Post

Mike
                            I find it really hard to believe...I was all set to get a Kodak printer last week, and every review on amazon was ganerally negative

Comment

Working...
                            X