• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monbretia

Canon 40D + Canon 100 f2.8 macro
    Attached Files

Re: Monbretia

I'm sorry, but the posted image is just too small. I actually got my ruler out and it measures under 4 inches on the long side. It looks a pretty good shot, but how can we possibly tell? What is to be done? (As Lenin once said)

Comment

Hi, thanks for your observation. I'm new to this & I'm really struggling to figure out how to upload a larger image. I'm uploading from Flickr. Anyone have any tips please? Cheers, Bill

Comment

Originally posted by adversa View Post
        Hi, thanks for your observation. I'm new to this & I'm really struggling to figure out how to upload a larger image. I'm uploading from Flickr. Anyone have any tips please? Cheers, Bill
        Bill

That image is sitting on this server, not linked to Flickr. If it is on flicker then copy the URL link code from there and paste it into an 'insert image' when you post here. Want to try it?

Comment

Dave

Comment

What Dave said, plus look here...How to link post images

Comment

Hi, many thanks for all your help. Here goes with my next attempt! What a friendly & responsive group-just great! Cheers, Bill

Comment

That's better, Bill, although it's slightly too large now at 1024x937 pixels. Next time try about 800 pixels width for landscape mode.

Nice shot, with good colours. What lighting did you use? It helps to give a few details about a posted shot - EXIF, a few words about how you took it, etc.

Comment

Awesome colours. Looks a little grainy while still holding good detail – nice touch. Shows that grain isn't always bad. I'd be interested to read how you lit the shot.
                  Dave

Comment

Working...
                  X