Uploaded image size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uploaded image size

Just wanted to check something. I notice that the images I am uploading appear to be larger than everyone elses, I can't find any rules on size etc but wanted to check in case I am breaching forum rules with the size of my images?
    Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Re: Uploaded image size

On the last incarnation of this forum, 1024 px widest was agreed, that's going back a few years now :-)
    Cameras and computer HW has moved on a bit since then, and most people to choose to have broadband, now have it.

I checked last week and could find nothing in the rules about this, so you're not breaching any rules.

Trev

Comment

Originally posted by Trevoreast View Post
      On the last incarnation of this forum, 1024 px widest was agreed, that's going back a few years now :-)
      Cameras and computer HW has moved on a bit since then, and most people to choose to have broadband, now have it.

I checked last week and could find nothing in the rules about this, so you're not breaching any rules.

Trev
      Thanks Trev.

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Comment

I think there is a "convention" that we try to keep to a maximum of 800pixels wide. Not a rule as such, but it covers all members screen sizes so that those with smaller screens can view the whole picture without having to scroll.

Have I remembered this correctly?

Colin
        Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post

Colin
          That is my understanding as well

Comment

I think there is a "convention" that we try to keep to a maximum of 800pixels wide. Not a rule as such, but it covers all members screen sizes so that those with smaller screens can view the whole picture without having to scroll.

Colin
            That's how I remember it as well

Comment

The last three posts have confirmed what I have been saying there is no rule, therefore you're not breaching a rule if you post over 800px wide.
              A 1024 PX max image is hardly cutting edge, or pushing the boundaries. C’mon chaps it’s 2011.

Are the majority of users on this forum, full of photographers and aspiring photographers really using equipment were viewing and image more that 800px wide is a problem?

There are over four thousand members on this forum, imho the views of a tiny minority of the membership does not represent any kind of consensus. Therefore when a very tiny minority talk of "conventions", we should of course regard these opinions with friendly respect, but view them within a logical real-world context.

Trev

Comment

Colin
                Yep I think this has been the convention since I joined 2 years ago.

Handy size for iPhone screens

David
                David

Comment

LOL still nothing in the rules though - unwritten conventions do nothing to make new members feel welcome.

The OP is not breaching any rules - that's still the correct answer. If anyone wants restrictions then they must ask the owner. Making your own rules up, and trying to impose them isn't going work.

Trev

Comment

Rules are what SWMBO "decrees"
                    Convention is what I try to get away with having done it my way for many years....and it usually works.....
                    David

Comment

HA HA I'm not having a major strop about this - if the convention is 800px, those who are conventional should adhere to the convention.

What about un-conventional people ?

Trev

Comment

I seem to have started a healthy debate.

Comment

This was a question asked about the end of year showcase. May be I should create a poll as to what we should accept (as there is no ruling) as maximum photo size?
                          Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
                          EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Comment

Working...
                          X