Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 50mm 1.8 MK2 -

OK, looks like a good time to have a poll

All those who have had to return failed straps to Canon under warranty say aye

All those who have had a camera damaged because the Canon strap fell apart say aye

All those who think that CanonEos works for an alternative strap manufacturer say aye

Comment

Originally posted by Petros View Post
      OK, looks like a good time to have a poll

All those who have had to return failed straps to Canon under warranty say aye

All those who have had a camera damaged because the Canon strap fell apart say aye

All those who think that CanonEos works for an alternative strap manufacturer say aye
      ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
        Calling somebody cheap is not nice
        Oh man i am calling a Canon strap cheap not the member i just wish you and other get you brain in gear.

Here it is again Canon Cheap Strap i repeat Canon Cheap Strap and i like to ask a Question i repeat a Question!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelkphotowork/

Comment

We have answered that question several times - you are not listening

The strap is free, it comes in the box. It does the job that people want it to do so why buy another?

Telling people to get their brain in gear is not nice either
          ef-r

Comment

By the way, my Canon strap cost me £900. The cheap (free) camera that came with it was a real bargain though.

Comment

Guys,

I discovered this when I looked more closely.

So let's all step back, breathe and smile. I come here because work is too stressful and this wonderful hobby has saved me from going mad. No more escalations please.
              Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
              EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Comment

I have used the supplied straps since my first EOS (1000) right up to my latest setup of 5D2, 1D3 and 600D without any faults at all**.
                Granted, there are probably better straps on the market but the supplied ones are good enough for me.

** Hope I haven't tempted fate here

Mike
                www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

I was only talking about the Canon supplied strap been cheap looking in red/black there are many good straps on the maket to buy for you Canon or a hand strap, everyone to there own uses i just don't like the cheap design having Canon 5D/60D/7D on them now if it said Canon or Canon Digital without red colour on it then i can live with it.
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelkphotowork/

Comment

50mm 1.8 MK2 - good value for the money, fragile as other have said.
                    Trev

Comment

Originally posted by Trevoreast View Post
                      50mm 1.8 MK2 - good value for the money, fragile as other have said.
                      Trev
                      Hey Trev what are you doing actually posting something about what the OP talked about...

The 50mm 1.8 MkII... handy little work horse to have in the bag and with no real added weight. Does a great job

David
                      David

Comment

Hey Trev what are you doing actually posting something about what the OP talked about...
                        David, for my next trick, I'm going to start a post about straps - then start a argument about the nifty 50 1.8 Mk2

Only joking

Trev

Comment

I have upgraded to my nifty to a 1.4 (secondhand from mpb) - well worth the extra money (cost about £250 if I remember correctly) - IQ of the 1.8 is good, the 1.4 is really good.

It works really nicely on the 7D as a portrait lens and for the street/candid pictures.

Brian
                          ef-r

Comment

In the free democratic western world one is at liberty to throw away any Canon strap and buy an Optek strap to reduce the weight. I use these weight "reducers" extensively from my cameras to the camera bag. So lets not get HOT under the collar over such a small matter- a free Canon strap!!!
                            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Or, keep the original strap in its original unopened packaging, to provide an impression of how carefully you have cossetted your camera, when it come to re-sale, or trade-in.

Colin
                              Colin

Comment

Working...
                              X