EOS magazine advert
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blackpool Lights Walk

Default Re: Blackpool Lights Walk

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    hey wow! they are great pictures... how do you use the camera for night mode?
    You need to be able to change settings in the dark (like ISO) ... so you need to be very familiar with the camera. I just looked for splashes of colour. Exposures ... generally I would start at 1/30 f/4 ISO-400 and see what that yields and adjust as appropriate. AF works fine ... most of the time. #1 used the built-in flash as the tram was very close. Use whatever street furniture has a flat top as a support (otherwise deep breath etc). If you have a lens with IS then that might convey benefits.

Great series, very colourful, I like them and want to visit there sometime
    Canon 7D mkII, EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II, EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS, EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS

Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Really nice MX5. I visited Blackpool many years ago and saw the famous lights. I also remember the difficulty in finding a B&B as almost all the advertised ones were booked,taken and occupied. Your pics encourages me to go again. Well done.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12