Warning: Undefined array key 783 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key 783 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key 783 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key 783 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77 Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Which Macro lens do you use? - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Macro lens do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Macro lens do you use?

I thought it might be useful for people looking into macro to see what lenses people are using as well as finding out for myself!

I have only included the most common lenses with a ful 1:1 ratio or above. However, if i have missed any let me know and I shall endeavour to add them to the list!!
    Canon EF-S 60mm f2.8 Macro USM
    11.81%
    Canon EF 100mm f2.8 Macro USM
    30.71%
    Canon EF 100mm f2.8L Macro IS USM
    15.75%
    Canon EF 180mm f3.5L Macro USM
    6.30%
    Sigma 50mm f2.8 EX DG
    0.00%
    Sigma 70mm f2.8 EX DG
    0.00%
    Sigma 105mm f2.8 EX DG
    8.66%
    Sigma 150mm f2.8 EX DG IF HSM
    6.30%
    Sigma 180mm f3.5 EX DG HSM
    4.72%
    Other...
    15.75%

Re: Which Macro lens do you use?

Hi Rob I use the EF 180 and the MP-E65 which isn't on your list.
    Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
      and neither was the 50mm....

Graeme

Comment

Originally posted by Graeme View Post
        and neither was the 50mm....
        I thought the 50 was only 1:1 with tubes
        Dave

Comment

Doh Sorry! Thought I had got them all, damn them for having so many options!

Comment

I thought the 50 was only 1:1 with tubes
            This I thought also, which I was my excuse for not including this one too!

Comment

" I thought the 50 was only 1:1 with tubes"........with the cumstom life-size extender!
              Makes a nice light weight combination if you are going up a mountain.

Graeme

Comment

I dont own a macro lens. I do all macro's with 18 - 55mm
                David

http://hotkeezphotography.blogspot.com/

Comment

What's the penalty for a wrong vote?

I obviously hit the wrong key because, much as I would like it to be so, I don't have the L version of the 100 - f2.8 - just the common or garden variety. Who knows how to fix the figures?

Martin

Comment

You've also missed out possibly the best macro lens on the market - Tamron 90 :tongue::tongue:
                    www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

We old people also use Canon 50mm F/2.5 plus on a copy stand.

Comment

I use the EF-S 60mm with either/both a EF12 or 25 extension tube.
                        Andy, Having Fun on Mull

Comment

I too use the Tamron 90mm and would rate it above the Sigma 105mm, I also have a very new 1.4 Tamron teleconveter for use with it, not available yet in this country I believe, but I could be wrong.
                          I will be interested, if the new L series 100mm is worth the money?

Comment

an EF50 2.5 for close shots and Sigma APO DG 70 - 300 macro if I need to keep distant

Comment

I allso use MPE65 macro lense ,, Aitchhttp://www.eos-magazine-forum.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Comment

Working...
                              X