Warning: Undefined array key 783 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key 783 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key 783 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Which Macro lens do you use? - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Macro lens do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which Macro lens do you use?

Me too, obviously wishful thinking!

Mazzer

Comment

I have just bought a Sigma 105 as the extra focal length makes it a good general purpose lens as well as a good macro
      ef-r

Comment

Sigma 150 and the Canon MP-E 65 on my 400D and 40D

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie View Post
          an EF50 2.5 for close shots and Sigma APO DG 70 - 300 macro if I need to keep distant
          Got one of those as well. Ever tried it with an extension tube?? Great fun, but you do need that tripod!

Comment

Originally posted by forester View Post
            I too use the Tamron 90mm and would rate it above the Sigma 105mm, I also have a very new 1.4 Tamron teleconveter for use with it, not available yet in this country I believe, but I could be wrong.
            I will be interested, if the new L series 100mm is worth the money?
            Worth the money is relative I guess. I've recently bought the 100mm Macro L and it's simply stunning! Extremely sharp from wide open and IS is useful in the macro range, though it'll never match a good solid tripod. However, it's also a fantastic medium telephoto for portraits or anything else for that matter and the IS is very effective with 4 stops compensation. Plus it creates very nice bokeh. Is it worth the money? For me, absolutely. I even sold my 135L to fund the purchase and I haven't regretted a minute of it.
            Last edited by Sir_Loin; 30-11-2009, 20:50.
            1D MkIV, 5D MkIII, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, EF 50mm f/1.8 STM, EF 85mm f/1.2L II ** R6, RF 24-105mm f/4.0-7.1 ** M5, EF-M 11-22mm f/4.0-5.6 IS, EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS, EF-M 22mm f/2.0, EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS **** Speedlite 580EX II, Speedlite 430EX III-RT, Speedlite 470EX-AI, ** FD 50mm f/1.2L, FD 55mm f/1.2 S.S.C. ASPHERICAL, FD 50-300mm f/4.5L, FL-F 300mm f/5.6, FD 300mm f/2.8L.

Comment

Hi all
              just started experimenting with the macro thing

so as a cheap experiment 50mm 1.8 + raynox 250

Comment

I have EF 100mm f2.8 as my only macro lens for now, but i am really thinking about that MP-E 65mm, also i am looking for to add a Hasselblad macro lens [120mm] as well.

Comment

Forgot to post here long time ago, just would like to say and announce that i bought Hasselblad digital macro lens already.

Comment

I use a Sigma 150mm F2.8, it is an excellent lense.

Comment

I will be useing the Canon 100mm Macro f 2.8 IS lens from the 25-12-10.
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/fspimages

Donald Duck Rode To 500cc World Championships 1976 &1977.
                      Canon EOS 40 D 7 D - 5 D Mk II.Canon 100-400mm IS - Canon 24-105mm IS -
                      Canon 28-135mm IS - Canon 70-300mm IS - Canon 100mm 2.8 IS - Sigma 120-300mm Sigma 12-24 mm Sigma 10-20mm.

Doncaster Phoenix They Are The Future

Comment

Originally posted by F.S.P. View Post
                        I will be useing the Canon 100mm Macro f 2.8 IS lens from the 25-12-10.
                        courtesy of Mr S Clause I presume... lucky boy...
                        David

Comment

I bought the Sigma 105 because I got it at a really good price; £249.00!!!! otherwise, as has already been said, I would have gone for the Tamron 90mm f/2.8

Comment

I use the Tamron 90 and find it to be a very good lens for both Macro and portrature.

Comment

Over 7 or so years I went from the Tamron 90 macro through canon 60 macro to the canon 100 LIS. If you have the 7D or 60D (both of which can make best use of the AF system) then I highly recommend the latter as a superb tool for hand-held macro work. It ain't cheap though and if you are happy to use a mono or tri pod then any of the other macro lenses available will probably do just as well for most macro work
                              My camera is helping to look at the world more closely, then record what I see to share with others.

http://imagesfromnature.foliopic.com

Comment

Advice welcomed. Any techincal superiorities in macro (ie.. what do you prefer !! ) .......Macro lens.?? tubes with normal lens..? close up lens?? I don't do a lot of macrophotography but would like to get reasonable results when I do. I have full frame bodies and L lenses and I have also dug out some extension tubes which allow all lens functions. A close up lens is cheaper than a macro lens, but would there be any advantage in getting a dedicated macro lens which is not L quality over using tubes etc?? My L lenses are the Canon 17-40 and 24-105. (and the 70-200)
                                I did try a 100mm macro once (borrowed) but felt it was so limited that it wasn't worth pursuing but I could have been wrong.
                                Thoughts please.

Comment

Working...
                                X