Gorillapods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gorillapods

I wanted to hear of your own experiences with these items (before I buy) & which you would recommend - with hindsight

Thanks in anticipation for your input.

Janner
    www.imagessouthwest.co.uk

Re: Gorillapods

Originally posted by Janner View Post
    I wanted to hear of your own experiences with these items (before I buy) & which you would recommend - with hindsight

Thanks in anticipation for your input.

Janner
    I have a small one (Gorillapod that is) and I have never used it. It's great to PLAY WITH though. I love the feel of bending the limbs into different shapes. I am constantly amazed at it's strength and durableness. I like using it as a neck ligature on stroppy sales assistants in down-beat camera shops who refuse to give me a discount. But don't try that at home.

Comment

I bought the supposed heavyweight "SLR" GorillaPod and tried using it once or twice with my SLR, without too much success. The SLR is too heavy for it; and I found that I was not willing to risk the camera falling off whatever I had the GorillaPod attached to!

However, we have used it on a number of occassions with the G9 when on vacation for "happy snaps" and it works a treat - provided you can find something to attach it to - which is not always as simple and easy as it sounds!
      I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
      Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Thanks for that guys. I've ordered the SLR Zoom so I'll give some feedback.

Janner
        www.imagessouthwest.co.uk

Comment

I have oonce tried handling the recent big gorillapod (I think it was the Zoom) and was VERY surprised by its sturdiness. I never used it though.
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/22498927@N05/sets/

Comment

Yeah I thought about buying one but was shocked that I'd need to buy the £90 one to support my 5D Mark II + 70-200 :-(
            Cliff Hobbs
            Wannabe Architectural Photographer - Always willing to listen and learn

Comment

I have the heavyweight one, bought it off fleabay for about £25 it didn't come in a box. I tend to use it on holiday as it is easy to pack. I find it a great help, and it does not budge with my 450d and a Tamron 18-250 zoom.

Constructive criticism and comments greatly appreciated.

Comment

so am I wrong assuming most of you bought it as a toy? I personally would be afraid to use it with my 5D mk2. Too much money on the end of that thing to risk it.

Howard

Comment

Just about to put my SLR Zoom on Ebay, only used a couple of times but very impressed with the stability.

Would benefit from the optional ballhead or the much cheaper Hama one off 7 day shop.com.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X