Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best printer?

Originally posted by DianaS View Post
    Very important to stick to Epson ink as the compatible ones really mess up the printer head.
    I mucked up a HP printer a few years ago because of "cheap" compatable inks, I had to throw the printer away.
    I only use originals now with my latest HP Photosmart.

Comment

There is a difference between cheap and compatible.
      ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
        There is a difference between cheap and compatible.
        Let me re-phrase and say cheaper compatible inks.

Comment

Originally posted by Hereford_EOS2 View Post
          Let me re-phrase and say cheaper compatible inks.
          LOL, I guess I used the CHEAP compatibles.
          [Canon 7D Mk II .. gripped] [Canon 500D .. gripped] [EF 24-105mm f/4.0 L IS USM] [EF 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L IS USM] [EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM] [EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM] [EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 kit] [Speedlite 430EX II] [Cokin P filter system ]

My Photos
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Life-...05270809634981
          https://www.facebook.com/markkaye38/...2158274&type=3
          @mkphotography7dii Instagram

Comment

I have always found that colour reproduction on compatibles is not so good as the original cartridges also found that the compatibles took slightly longer to dry than the original inks
            Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

A friend gave me a HP AIO printer to service as it 'wouldn't work'. The cartridge transport ... wouldn't move (as it should when you open the hatch to change the cartridges). Brute force was needed to gain access to the cartridge holder. Then the cartridges wouldn't come out ... needed a multitool to extract them. At this point I knew it was trashed. The cartridges were clones from a well known cheapo supermarket ... anyway when I asked why clones I was told it was the £4 a pair versus £50 a pair for the real HP ones. Did you have any trouble getting them in ... oh yes I had to use a hammer in the end to 'tap' them in. Sent them away to get a new printer!

Comment

What about the Epson Stylus Photo PX730WD....??
                My flickr http://flic.kr/ps/2g5eDa
                © JH Foto
                The word photography derives from the Greek φωτός (phōtos), genitive of φῶς (phōs), "light" and γραφή (graphé)

Comment

The best printer is one that gives out perfect prints every time, and doesn't use a lot of ink. Well I guess the best printer doesn't exist.

John

Comment

I have had the Epson Stylus PHOTO R300 for several years now, and it continues to produce very good results indeed.

I stopped using Epson inks a long while ago, because of the highly inflated cost, and now use Jetec compatible cartridges (6 colours), and have to say that I can't tell the difference. Prints made some years ago, using Jetec ink, are still vibrant.

I did try other brands of compatible ink cartridges, but found these less than satisfactory.

Unfortunately, the R300 has long been superceded, and I have no experince of its replacement models.

Dave
                    Dave

Comment

I have the Epson R3000 Photo, and use Photospeed cartriges which are part of their replacement for the Epson inks.
                      The inks are of a very high quality, and i do not have any problems with printer heads .This printer also gives me the advantage of
                      9 inks and is fantastic for black and white as there are dedicated blacks and greys. Hope this helps .
                      Dave

Comment

Working...
                      X