Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 Notice: str_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/string.php on line 3 Water logged Canon 1000D found by diver, finds owner 1 year later. - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water logged Canon 1000D found by diver, finds owner 1 year later.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water logged Canon 1000D found by diver, finds owner 1 year later.

I love this story.
    Diver finds a 1000D under a pier takes it home & tries the SD card only to find the pictures have survived, he then uses Google Plus to locate the owner.

Story here:

For those on Google Plus (& if your not why not? ):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47830258@N08/

Re: Water logged Canon 1000D found by diver, finds owner 1 year later.

What a remarkable story and a nice one that has a happy ending

Comment

Imagine turning up at the camera place "I have some dust spots can you clean my mirror please." Great story, thanks for sharing.
      Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
      Di's Flickr

Comment

Great story. Thanks for sharing that.

Comment

I had a similar thing happen to me many years ago. I was working in Milford Haven Taking pictures of the VLCC (very large crude carrier) coming into the docks for the Western Mail newspape. I was aboard one of the pilot cutters snapping away. I was using 2 cameras and for some reason put one of the canon F1's down. A huge wave slammed into the cutter and the F1 I had so carefully placed on a hatch cover began to move. In my panic I made a grab for it but instead of retrieving the camera I knocked the thing over the side. Well that was it. Gone. I told the captain of the cutter and he asked me if I wanted rescued. I said no. In salt water it would be ruined and of no use to any one. Well long story short I was leaving for work about 2 weeks later when a parcel arrived. Yes you have guessed, it was the F1 cometh home. Also along with the camera was a bill for divers and boat to the tune of 900 and odd pounds which in those days was an gigantic amount of money. I quickly repackaged the F1 with the bill and sent it on to my pictured editor fully expecting to be looking for another job. Strange thing is, no one ever mentioned that F1 and the bill, not one single word. The F1 was in my opinion a great camera but it did not survive a bath in salt water. I still have the other one to this day.

Comment

Working...
          X