Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wide Angle Zoom

Yes - off eBay

I buy most of my gear secondhand, although the more expensive stuff I get through dealers like MPB
    Last edited by briansquibb; 16-12-2011, 09:05.
    ef-r

Comment

I've watched them on E Bay, nice friendly prices.

I'll see what transpires in the new year, I would rather get a Canon 17-40 in truth, the wait should be worth it!

Thanks the respones people.
      The camera works just fine, it's the idiot staring through the viewfinder that need's help!

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
        Yes - off eBay

I buy most of my gear secondhand, although the more expensive stuff I get through dealers like MPB
        I bought a 24-105L off eBay for £450!! .....rather pleased with that :0)
        I was tempted to hire one before buying a new one. But decided to buy a second-hand one to try out, then sell on if I didn't like it! (must be cheaper than hiring) ….but I like it, so kept it.
        Phil ....... Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by JaKS_Foto View Post
          I've watched them on E Bay, nice friendly prices.

I'll see what transpires in the new year, I would rather get a Canon 17-40 in truth, the wait should be worth it!

Thanks the respones people.
          What camera are you going to use it on and how wide do you want to go?

If you are using a full frame camera then the 17-40 is a very versatile wide angle zoom ranging from ultra wide to near standard angle of view. On an APS-C format camera it's far less of a wide angle equating roughly to a 28-65mm lens in 35mm format terms which is only moderately wide.

To get a really wide angle lens for APS format than you are looking at 10-20 range lenses. My own choice was the Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 which I'm happy with.
          Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

I bought a 24-105L off eBay for £450!! .....rather pleased with that :0)
            amphil007 that sounds like a bargain, well done !

I would rather get a Canon 17-40 in truth, the wait should be worth it!
            Yes the 17-40 F4 might suit you very well Jaks, it's a popular lens with many.

Trev

Comment

The 17-40L is superb ... and so is the Sigma 10-20 (I own both). But if you need (rather than want) f2.8 then what's been said already. Use a site like PhotoZone. Also are you planning going FullFrame or APS-H ? Then stick to L glass.

Comment

MX5, since you own the two wide angle lenses, when do you use your Sigma 10-20? What subjects?

Ta

Nat
                Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
                X