Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

550D firmware update?

hey everyone

This topic may of been covered already but the more and more reading i do into it the more its starting to irritate me, i have recently punched a 550D to do both capturing photos and recording video, if any of you have seen my three in "movie mode" you will see i have asked about an external mic and audio recorder to gain a clearer sound..................

But this looks like its in vain unless i put on the magiclantern hack to remove the AGC, this is becoming a sore point for me as I'm not too happy with using a none canon released hack to turn off the AGC when really canon should offer that feature.

i know i bought the camera and i should of thought about this before but I'm a novice to it all and didn't really know what AGC did. is this going to be something Canon will look at in a firmware update or am i wasting my time?

thoughts are already running through my head about selling the 550D and buying a new camera that doesn't have AGC on as its making my short films sound dreadful (especially when I'm doing interviews)

I'm posting this thread to see what your thoughts are or if anyone knows what canon may come up with?

Cheers Sam
    When Chuck Norris's daughter lost her virginity Chuck went and got it back!
Working...
X