Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Anyone Recommed A Good Canon 'All-In-One' Printer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Anyone Recommed A Good Canon 'All-In-One' Printer?

My old Canon Pixma has just died after replacing the cartridges with some cheap 'non-branded' cartridges (I should have known better!). Can anyone recommend a good quality Canon 'All-In-One', preferably with Wi-Fi and not too expensive?

Thanks!
    Last edited by cyberdollstudios; 02-01-2012, 17:40.
    Cyberdoll Studios
    www.cyberdollstudios.co.uk

Re: Can Anyone Recommed A Good Canon 'All-In-One' Printer?

I can't help with a suggestion, but I have also "murdered" a perfectly good printer with cheap inks ............. never again!

Colin
    Colin

Comment

We have a cheap Canon MG5250 which works fine, not the best but does the basics quite well including wifi

Comment

It was fine for the first print run, after which it refused to print anything else! Ah well, you live and learn!

Stephanie
        Cyberdoll Studios

Comment

Can you reset the printer? I know that some give up the will to live if the waste ink tank is full.
          Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
          Di's Flickr

Comment

No, unfortunately not. Nothing seemed to revive it, so I ended up throwing it away. It was a little past it's prime anyway!
            Cyberdoll Studios

Comment

Normally you can reset a printer , but that is only needed for a printer that has had some "life" (I mean many prints run through it .
              It's common for inkjets to have the nozzles block and the cleaning only makes this worse (on an old printer) .
              The "cleaning" process involves pushing ink through heads and the it wipes the head across a little sponge under the "home" position of the heads .
              On an older printer this sponge becomes saturated with old ink and dust (and sets rock hard) , cleaning the heads actually picks up more contaminate .

Here's a trick I have used to resurrect old inkjet printers , it's up to you if you wish to try it , don't complain to me if ....etc !
              Taking the upper case off the printer if you can , to access the filthy sponge (!!!!!REMOVE ALL CONNECTION TO THE MAINS SUPPLY FIRST!!!!) .
              If you can't remove the upper case , "tell" the printer you are changing the cartridges , this moves the heads away from "home" and sometimes lets you see the sponge .
              Now you have to wash the sponge in Isopropanol Alcohol , Wet the sponge with IPA , then blot the now filthy IPA off the sponge (use a small clean sponge , wring it out and give it a quick rinse in IPA between each blot)
              Repeat this until it get cleaner , or you get bored .
              Don't let the IPA or blotting sponge touch the other internals of the printer .
              Put in new inks .
              Now put the printer through a cleaning process .
              Give it a go at printing .
              Don't let the IPA or blotted paper

Comment

I just bought the mg6250 which is quite expensive but also the mg5250 can be had for around £99
                Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Originally posted by cyberdollstudios View Post
                  My old Canon Pixma has just died after replacing the cartridges with some cheap 'non-branded' cartridges (I should have known better!). Can anyone recommend a good quality Canon 'All-In-One', preferably with Wi-Fi and not too expensive?

Thanks!
                  i recommend Canon Pixma MX897 All-in-One Inkjet Printer with Fax i've using it until now as my personal use and sometimes for business and it gives me a good quality print-outs and it also makes my scanning easier..see here

Comment

Not meaning to hijack the thread... but I'm looking for a new all in one, wireless, BUT I'd like it to have airprint and e-print, so that my wife can print from her ipad.

When I've looked (briefly), Canon all in one's didn't seem to have those, but I've been pointed to HP Photosmart printers.

Anyone have any comments, other than don't mention non-Canon goods on a CANON EOS forum!

Cheers guys n gals, Mike.
                    flickr
                    5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Sorry Mike I can't help the last HP printer I had was basic and didn't have any of the nice connectivity options I now only have Canon and Epson printers.

Comment

Working...
                      X