EOS magazine October-December 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EOS magazine October-December 2009

The October-December 2009 issue of EOS magazine has been published and despatched. However, there are postal delays in many parts of the UK and we are not able to say when your copy will be delivered.

If you subscribe to the print edition you can also subscribe to our digital edition for a one-off payment of £8.95. This is not an annual fee. It gives you access to all the digital editions for as long as you remain a subscriber to the print edition.

Details are at http://www.eos-magazine.com/options/

The digital edition of the October-December 2009 issue is available now.
    Robert
    robert@eos-magazine.com

Re: EOS magazine October-December 2009

Hi Robert

does this give you access to the back-issues in digital?

Comment

Originally posted by Owin View Post
      does this give you access to the back-issues in digital?
      You get access to all the issues on the system - currently the four 2009 issues, plus the 2009 Everything EOS supplement. You will also have access to future issues as they are published, for as long as you continue to subscribe to the print edition.

A nice feature is the search, which will look through all the issues at once.
      Robert
      robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Scott View Post
        The October-December 2009 issue of EOS magazine has been published and despatched. However, there are postal delays in many parts of the UK and we are not able to say when your copy will be delivered.
        Mine received this morning - so they're getting delivered - despite the best intent of our beloved posties...
        I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
        Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Got mine today! Its in my bag for when I am on my break at work 3am tomrrow morning!

Comment

Received my issue yesterday and subscribe to digital edition (great to have a one-off fee for print subscribers), I purchased particularly for the search facility. I can understand you'll only be able to see 2009 back issues (presume they are only the ones produced digitally) but it would be great to be able to search all back issues for a subject before going in the loft to dust of all the old mags to look for an article.
            Duncan Harris
            Event-Pictures

Comment

Originally posted by DuncanH View Post
              Received my issue yesterday and subscribe to digital edition (great to have a one-off fee for print subscribers), I purchased particularly for the search facility. I can understand you'll only be able to see 2009 back issues (presume they are only the ones produced digitally) but it would be great to be able to search all back issues for a subject before going in the loft to dust of all the old mags to look for an article.
              We have digital backups of EOS magazine going back to 1997 (though not all of these are in formats which would convert easily to digital editions). However, there are significant costs involved in making each issue available online. We plan to add more back issues to the archive as the number of subscribers to the service increases.
              Robert
              robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

We have digital backups of EOS magazine going back to 1997 (though not all of these are in formats which would convert easily to digital editions). However, there are significant costs involved in making each issue available online. We plan to add more back issues to the archive as the number of subscribers to the service increases.
                Thanks for your reply. I can understand the cost implications, will be nice if you can add more as you go along. What I was particularly interested in was being able to search a subject to find what issues it had been covered in, not necessarily being able to actually go to the article. I keep all past issues since I've subscribed ( a credit to how good your magazine is !! ) therefore I could then go and find that issue or order a back issue if it was before I started subscribing.
                Duncan Harris
                Event-Pictures

Comment

Originally posted by DuncanH View Post
                  What I was particularly interested in was being able to search a subject to find what issues it had been covered in, not necessarily being able to actually go to the article.

We publish a cumulative index for issues from December 2006 at:
                  EOS magazine is the dedicated magazine for Canon SLR and DSLR owners. You will learn how to use your EOS camera to its full potential. Whether this is your first Canon EOS camera or you have been an EOS photographer for many years, this magazine is relevant to you, your camera and your photography.

This will be updated for the 2009 issues in the next week or so and will then be updated as each new issue is published.
                  The same page also allows you to download a PDF of a cumulative index for issues from December 1996 to December 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by emfadmin View Post
                    We publish a cumulative index for issues from December 2006 at:
                    EOS magazine is the dedicated magazine for Canon SLR and DSLR owners. You will learn how to use your EOS camera to its full potential. Whether this is your first Canon EOS camera or you have been an EOS photographer for many years, this magazine is relevant to you, your camera and your photography.

This will be updated for the 2009 issues in the next week or so and will then be updated as each new issue is published.
                    The same page also allows you to download a PDF of a cumulative index for issues from December 1996 to December 2005.
                    I didn't know that, great thanks a lot. As I mentioned before really like magazine, find it a good balance between technical stuff and general interest - keep up the good work.
                    Duncan Harris
                    Event-Pictures

Comment

Mine arrived yesterday, Saturday, looks to be another interesting issue.

I was pleased to note a mention of the new G11 Compact in the News Section, and appreciate the section in this Forum for Compact users. I use my Compact (G9) most of the time now, and rarely get the SLR out. With the quality of top end compacts now it is not often that I need the features and 'advantages' of a SLR over the compact. I would repeat earlier pleas by others for more coverage of top end compacts both in the magazine and on the Forum, whilst appreciating that both are primarily for EOS SLR owners/users.
                      Quentin

Comment

I echo the sentiments of the previous poster - EOS equipment should always take priority because that is what the magazine is about. However, many of us have, or hope to get, a G11 or similar as a back up. I think many readers would be interested in some articles related to top-of-the-range Canon compacts. Another great issue by the way. I always look forward to and enjoy the magazine.

Comment

The digital edition of the October-December 2009 issue is available now.
                          So having subscribed to the digital edition as well as the printed one, how is the digital edition actually accessed?
                          John

Comment

I've just switched to a Canon (400D) after a long term relationship with Olympus, and have been blown away with the camera. At the same time I happened across EOS magazine and subscribed immediately. In my opinion its the best mag, I've ever come across. Most people are not pro photographers, so this mag offers a good mix of useful info / technique, plus good examples of other people's work. The big plus is, its quarterly, so I really have time to read it all before the next one comes.

Top job guys, keep it up!!

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by johnatj View Post
                              So having subscribed to the digital edition as well as the printed one, how is the digital edition actually accessed?
                              John
                              If you have subscribed to the digital edition via the link at:

you will receive an e-mail giving log-in details.

This digital/print subscription is handled in a different way to the normal digital subscription. We have to verify your print subscription and create your log-in details manually.
                              Robert
                              robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Working...
                              X