Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British GT racing Donnington

Hi

My lucky shot! Flames, glowing brake disc - wooo hooo! It's not quite spot on, but getting there...more days out required!

Any constructive hints are invited - I won't burst into tears.

Taken with my 50D and 18-200 kit lens (F5.6, 1/60th, 200mm)

Regards
    Andy
    Attached Files

Re: British GT racing Donnington

Hey Andy, great shot but (you did ask) for Donnington especially you really need good glass on the front of your camera and the area you shot this from - down the craner curves I believe - your looking for a 300mm > 400mm minimum to save on cropping in too much, it also means you get a better focus lock which in turn gives you a lot sharper shot. I would also up your shutter speed in that area to around 1/250 (I often shoot between 1/160 & 1/320 there with pretty good results.

.DAVID.
    Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by alfasz649 View Post
      Hi

Flames, glowing brake disc - wooo hooo!
      Yep, you've captured a great moment !

Nice panning at 1/60 has enhanced the feeling of speed - nice compostion.
      Uploading to the forum image hosting can impact on IQ. Maybe linking in from photobucket or Flickr would be better.

Trev

Comment

Hi Andy

Not bad at all, yes it is a little soft in the key areas but shooting at 1/60th is so so difficult.At least you caught the action at right moment with all those flames and red hot disks.A bit more practice or a bit more luck (you can never tell when panning )you'll get some stunning images well done.

Paul
        EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
        Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the comments, and no problem David :)

Dear Mrs BB, please can Andy have a pass out every other Sunday when the big noisy cars come out - I suppose it would be rude to ask for a bit of spending money as well?

Comment

Working...
          X