Clear All

Re: Why Not Monthly

Think so...
    All the best
    Peter Woods LRPS

My Web Site

Comment

Without being negative .......... I think the magazine struggles as it is to fill the pages with interesting dialogue .......... there is only so much you can cover without repeating yourself or filling pages with crap adverts ............... keep as is me thinks...
      Cheers Mark

www.ms-photo.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by X-ray-spex View Post
        Without being negative .......... I think the magazine struggles as it is to fill the pages with interesting dialogue .......... there is only so much you can cover without repeating yourself or filling pages with crap adverts ............... keep as is me thinks...
        Originally posted by Robert Scott View Post
        There are plenty of EOS camera features to cover - but would you be willing to pay an annual subscription fee of around £50?
        I think the publisher will disagree with you !!!

And Robert - my answer is still yes
        rhodopsin The fat bloke with the camera stuck to his face, well actually I was born with it.

Comment

I have been using the EOS system since 1991 or thereabouts. I think I have been a subscriber of EOS Magazine since number 1. So I have a pretty good idea of how the magazine has developed through time. Personally, I like the 4 issues per year. I think that a monthly or even bi-monthly magazine would be over kill and maybe lose interest. Maybe not for the new users, but for more experienced EOS users for sure.

I have kept my subscription alive because I still find the magazine sometimes features articles that interest me; especially the ones dedicated to the digital darkroom (I have bought my first DSLR one year ago only). But, through the years, I have noticed a lot of (perhaps innevitable?) of repetition of some subjects.

Comment

I think for what the mag is designed to cover quarterly is absolutely spot on, and for important news that pops up in the mean time , I thought that's what the email bulletin was for.

Comment

I mix with Canon photogrphers of all abilities and backgrounds and when EOS Mag is published, it is invariably a topic of conversation. It is a quality mag for Canon users and I don't have to read a lot of nonsense about other camera manufacturers, that I haven't the faintest interest in. On top of that it is informative, interesting and has depth.

If the subscribers want more than 4 issues per year, then you have probably got it about right by publishing quarterly. Better that we look forward to it than just put it on the shelf.

Colin
              Colin

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                I think for what the mag is designed to cover quarterly is absolutely spot on, and for important news that pops up in the mean time , I thought that's what the email bulletin was for.
                My sentiments entirely.

Martin

Comment

I think quarterly is just right but sometimes wish there were more quarters in a year !
                  John

Comment

Originally posted by johnatj View Post
                    I think quarterly is just right but sometimes wish there were more quarters in a year !
                    John
                    Yes, SIX of them!!! LOL

Comment

LOL noticed this topic and up till now I hadn’t read it. :-) :-)

Surely being Bi-monthly some articles are old news and most content on products, events etc have been covered at least a month before by the monthly mags like Photo-Plus (which is also for Canon users) etc.
                      Without being negative .......... I think the magazine struggles as it is to fill the pages with interesting dialogue.
                      Hi Xrayspex and Pete
                      Sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction ? with the mag, there seems to be a consensus that the mag is just fine as it is.
                      The main ‘complaint’ being, people can't get enough of it !

It’s great having a forum were people can offer their heartfelt, honest criticisms, and suggestions on the magazine. ;-)

Millie

Comment

Originally posted by Millie View Post
                        It’s great having a forum were people can offer their heartfelt, honest criticisms, and suggestions on the magazine. ;-)

Millie
                        Quite right Millie; and without being 'overly criticised' on your opinions.
                        Bob Turner
                        Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

Hi Bobby,
                          LOL Just by chance, I’ve spotted something within in this topic, I find intriguing.

Can you guess what that might be? :-)))))))))))))))))

Millie

Comment

Hi Bobby,
                            LOL Just by chance, I’ve spotted something within in this topic, I find intriguing.

Millie
                            Hmmm, I never guess!

The application of logic, applied to all the known facts and inconsistencies will invariably produce a suitable conclusion.

The facts are:

• This is a Canon Photography Forum.

• You have previously demonstrated your knowledge and expertise in all things photographic and Canon.

• You are a girl.

Using pure logic and applying appropriate weighting to each of the above, to preclude any statistical anomalies’, there can only be one answer .............................. shoes!

Colin
                            Colin

Comment

Hi Bobby,

Millie
                              People think that the mag comes out quarterly?
                              ef-r

Comment

I subscibed to Practical Photography for a few years, but gave it up as I didn't have time to read a monthly. I usually had 2-3 issues still in plastic. It wasn't a lack of interest. I just didn't have enough hours in the day. A quarterly dose of quality content is perfect. It also gives you the space to go out and shoot, rather than sitting indoors reading about other people's photos.
                                myTube
                                Twitter: @VilliAsgeirsson
                                Canon EOS 60D - 50mm f1.8 - 50mm f1.4 - 18-135mm f4-5.6 - 100mm f2.8 macro - Speedlite 480EX - Canon EOS 500D

Comment

Working...
                                X