Flickr, disppearing photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Flickr, disppearing photos

It's now becoming a real joke. Have had the normal replies from Flickr, talking me through how to log on, which I already know, next reply is asking me to reset cookies etc, they just don't listen. I have tried to log on to both of my accounts using 3 different PC's all with different versions of windows, a mac using safari and Firefox, iPhone and iPad, and I get the same error on all. I'm not an IT guru but this would lead me to believe its a problem their end! I can log onto yahoo just fine, it's just Flickr that won't let me in.

Very very frustrating. Still it is all part of BT so what would you expect.
    Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Comment

On a freshly booted PC (or indeed Mac or whatever)

So you go to www.btinternet.com and log into your email?

Then you open another window and goto www.flickr.com and click Sign-in ... this may either launch a login box into which you enter your password (the username will be your btinternet email address) or sometimes it presents the login screen insitu. Either way you get into Flickr which will show your Flickr name.

It's actually all part of Yahoo which is why its so bad ... the new 'BTInternet' branded email has many issues (especially with its handling of drafts).

Comment

Originally posted by MX5 View Post

Then you open another window and goto www.flickr.com and click Sign-in ... this may either launch a login box into which you enter your password (the username will be your btinternet email address) or sometimes it presents the login screen insitu. Either way you get into Flickr which will show your Flickr name.

It's actually all part of Yahoo which is why its so bad ... the new 'BTInternet' branded email has many issues (especially with its handling of drafts).
        Thanks, but it dosn't work. I can log into Bt, and yahoo all day long without any problem. When trying to log onto Flickr, either from a link from Bt site, or by typing full address in I get the sign in screen, enter details and click sign in. The box just reappears with password box cleared, I can type it again and again and this just happens again and again. This is the case with both of my Flickr accounts. I have tried endless things suggested by Flickr, clearing cookies etc and nothing works. I should add that this has been tried on 3 PC's with different operating systems, a mac with safari and Firefox, an iPad and an iPhone, and they all do the same thing. Flickr just won't accept that it must be something at their end, and keep sending me the pre scripted things to try. The first 3 emails were "log onto your account and check your log on settings and passwords" I CAN'T LOG ON!!!!

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Comment

Thanks, but it dosn't work. I can log into Bt, and yahoo all day long without any problem. When trying to log onto Flickr, either from a link from Bt site, or by typing full address in I get the sign in screen, enter details and click sign in. The box just reappears with password box cleared, I can type it again and again and this just happens again and again. This is the case with both of my Flickr accounts. I have tried endless things suggested by Flickr, clearing cookies etc and nothing works. I should add that this has been tried on 3 PC's with different operating systems, a mac with safari and Firefox, an iPad and an iPhone, and they all do the same thing. Flickr just won't accept that it must be something at their end, and keep sending me the pre scripted things to try. The first 3 emails were "log onto your account and check your log on settings and passwords" I CAN'T LOG ON!!!!

Getting the double post error on here too! Nothing is working at the moment. Daren't pick up my camera!

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Swoosh View Post
            ......enter details and click sign in.....
            Details plural ? You should just be prompted for a password and nothing else. If it is asking for details ... what else beyond password is it asking for?

Originally posted by The Real Swoosh View Post
            ....I can log into Bt, and yahoo all day ....
            Have you tried omitting logging into Yahoo (i.e. just BTInternet.com followed by Flickr.com)?

Comment

Details plural ? You should just be prompted for a password and nothing else. If it is asking for details ... what else beyond password is it asking for?

Have you tried omitting logging into Yahoo (i.e. just BTInternet.com followed by Flickr.com)?
              Sorry yes, wants password only.

Have tried logging directly into Flickr, without anything else open, as I normally would, have never gone through yahoo, don't use it. If I had an alternative to BT in my area I would remove them from my life completely.

Comment

Sorry are you saying you can get to your Flickr site but not after you have logged into BTInternet?

If you've multiple accounts (like I have) then BTInternet and Flickr can get confused ... I always check the user Flickr thinks I want is the user I want.

Comment

Can't get into Flickr from any direction or means at all, stops at having to constantly put my password in and can't go any further. Not sure if it will show you but link HERE to exact screen I get, I type my password and the this reappears.

Comment

So is that for the user of BTInternet and the Flickr account you have created?

It responds with blank password prompt if you enter a wrong password (so if you are entering your correct password ... is it for the right account?).

What's your Flickr name ... I can pull it up and check it exists.

Comment

So is that for the user of BTInternet and the Flickr account you have created?

It responds with blank password prompt if you enter a wrong password (so if you are entering your correct password ... is it for the right account?).

What's your Flickr name ... I can pull it up and check it exists.
                      Definitely the right password as I can log onto yahoo with it, and as you say, it comes up with error if wrong password, also it says in top right corner that I am signed in, but can't get any further.

Flickr name for this account is The Real Swoosh.

Comment

Okay the account exists ... nice Black cat by the way

I'm stumped for now ... I'll have a thunk.

Comment

Okay the account exists ... nice Black cat by the way

I'm stumped for now ... I'll have a thunk.
                          Thanks, just had an email from my Flickr account with recent activity, views and favourites added etc, so still working and linked to me, I'm just not able to view it myself.

Comment

I like the profile shot of Blue..... great looking dog.
                            Many years ago back home in Australia I used to breed and show Labradors. Now I have a Beagle who is a grand old man of almost 15.

David
                            David

Comment

Originally posted by djguk47 View Post
                              I like the profile shot of Blue..... great looking dog.
                              Many years ago back home in Australia I used to breed and show Labradors. Now I have a Beagle who is a grand old man of almost 15.

David
                              Thanks David, he's a great dog, temperament second to none. There's a few more pictures of him on my website, link below.

Comment

You will see the "Grand Old Man" on my Flickr.... same username as on this forum..... that is if you ever manage to get onto Flickr

David
                                David

Comment

Working...
                                X