503 service temp available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 503 service temp available

Further investigation leads me to believe the issue is with Flickr and NOT the forum software.
    Greg Smith
    EOS 600D plus various lenses and filters
    My Picasa Albums
    My flickr Albums

Comment

Originally posted by gregsmith View Post
      Further investigation leads me to believe the issue is with Flickr and NOT the forum software.
      no your wrong I've had the error with direct uploads and placing text links as well
      :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

It gets even weirder. I just edited one of my earlier uploads in Flickr and then replaced the url in the post in the forum, and the changes appeared.
        Greg Smith
        EOS 600D plus various lenses and filters
        My Picasa Albums
        My flickr Albums

Comment

Been trying to add a new post for the past 2 hours and get the 503 message. If this keeps happening I wont stay around in this forum much longer.
          Chris

60D, EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM,
          EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 EX DC

Comment

Been trying to add a new post for the past 2 hours and get the 503 message
            another one - probably explains the lack of new posts today

I am OK again now

stan
            Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
            flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
              another one - probably explains the lack of new posts today
              stan
              337 new posts yesterday. 324 new posts so far today.

Both are the highest numbers of daily posts so far this year.
              Robert
              robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

337 new posts yesterday. 324 new posts so far today.

Both are the highest numbers of daily posts so far this year.
                I am talking about new posts with pictures, ie new threads

Stan

flickr

Comment

I am talking about new posts with pictures, ie new threads

Stan
                  Apologies. When you talked about "the lack of new posts", I mistakenly assumed that you were referring to new posts.

Statistics for new threads are not available until the following day, so I can't quote numbers for yesterday and today.

The system does not provide figures for new posts with pictures which, incidentally, will be different to the number of new threads.
                  Robert
                  robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

The issue is members yesterday were posting in this thread saying they couldn't upload images, and this problem isn't going away, but what is clear is members out of frustration are leaving the forum so the problem needs resolving

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

I have had problems in the past but not recently, however as I live in the back of beyond we also have serious problems with slow internet during busy periods. This is why I tend to prefer posting late at night or early morning and not had "service unavailable" since the doing this. Hopefully our BB speed will improve later this year as the village goes optical.

David
                      PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Canon 7D II, Sigma 150-600mm Sport, Sigma 18-300mm, Sigma 8-16mm, National Geographic Expedition Carbon, Lensmaster RH1 Gimbal.

"It is better to light a single candle than curse the darkness" - Confucius (551–479 BC)

Comment

Apologies. When you talked about "the lack of new posts", I mistakenly assumed that you were referring to new posts.

Statistics for new threads are not available until the following day, so I can't quote numbers for yesterday and today.
                        I should have been clearer although I did post in a thread concerning the 503 problem which only affects threads with images. Members who experience the problem do get frustrated especially as has been reported in the past, the problem persists all day long, not just at busy periods and you can understand why some get so fed up they just call it a day and leave the forum.

One thing which does occur to me but haven't tested is whether the 503 just prevents images being posted on a new thread or if one cannot add an image to an existing post either. Must check that out next time it happens to me

Stan

flickr

Comment

One thing which does occur to me but haven't tested is whether the 503 just prevents images being posted on a new thread or if one cannot add an image to an existing post either. Must check that out next time it happens to me

Stan
                          we must have been thinking along the same lines Stan - I tried that yesterday in this thread and it failed

Comment

I will attempt to start a new thread and upload an image later on, if it fails I don't think I'll bother logging in again.
                            Chris

60D, EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM,
                            EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 EX DC

Comment

Originally posted by chrisec View Post
                              I will attempt to start a new thread and upload an image later on, if it fails I don't think I'll bother logging in again.
                              sad to see you go Chris as I do enjoy seeing your flowers, you'll have to let me know where you head too just NOT AP ....

Comment

Originally posted by chrisec View Post
                                I also tried that by posting an image to this thread when I was having all my troubles yesterday but got the same error.
                                Have just posted successfully this morning, though, so maybe it's better for me, for now...
                                PS. Don't go, Chris, stick with it; I'd miss your great images too.
                                Canon EOS 7D
                                EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                                Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                                flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Working...
                                X