• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Photo in Book!

Congratulations Colin

Sue

Comment

Congrats, Colin. It is great to have your skill and passion recognised.
      Canon EOS 7D
      EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
      Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
      flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Originally posted by ColytonJohn View Post
        Congratulations Colin

That's a ('the'?) GWR liveried HST down at what looks like Kingswear. I saw (and photographed) it as it passed me at Paignton on March 25 this year. Was that a special outing to Kingswear and when you photographed it?

Cheers,
        John
        Hi John

It's on the South Devon Railway.

On the 10th October 2015 Great Western Railway in conjunction with the Branch Line Society ran a Charity railtour called ‘The First Devon and Exeter Explorer HST Special’ using its new livery train, 43188 + LA15 + 43187. It ran from London Paddington to Buckfastleigh on the South Devon Railway and also visited the Heathfield freight branch line. The tour was in aid of First Devon and Exeter Prostate Cancer Fund.
        Colin

Colin Wallace Photography

Canon 5D MKIII / 24-105L F4 USM IS / 70-300L F4 USM IS

Comment

Thanks Colin, I can see it's not Kingswear now you point it out as there's no footpath between the line and river

How many green HSTs are there? They're still very rare at Paignton (although I did travel on one on Friday night between from Exeter and that was heading down to Paignton).

Cheers,
          John

Comment

Working...
          X