X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SHOWCASE 2016 - OPEN FOR ENTRIES

Originally posted by Bhuna View Post
    Any suggestions welcome :)
    I don't know why the showcase entries have to be kept a secret until the end? I'd like to see the entries as they are posted....i'm really interested in seeing what contributors consider to be their best work of the year more so than the competition element. So I guess I'm saying upload as normal with linkage to the data via flickr for validation purposes.....just my thoughts.

Its brilliant that you are making the effort here Andy....I've often put myself forward and organised events and know it can seem a lot of work for little thanks in return....but I know thats not what you do it for.
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by ST-EOS View Post
      Ian from post 23

PS. I got a job :) - awaiting confirmation of start date but wont be long hopefully - Internal Audit Manager and less than two miles from my doorstep so really pleased :)
      cheers Peter - sounds great
      :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Well done on the job andy

And come on peeps, I don't want to win too easily
        Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
          I don't know why the showcase entries have to be kept a secret until the end? I'd like to see the entries as they are posted....i'm really interested in seeing what contributors consider to be their best work of the year more so than the competition element. So I guess I'm saying upload as normal with linkage to the data via flickr for validation purposes.....just my thoughts.

Its brilliant that you are making the effort here Andy....I've often put myself forward and organised events and know it can seem a lot of work for little thanks in return....but I know thats not what you do it for.
          Its easier from an administration point of view for me to categorise, code the pictures for voting purposes. I don't usually sort out the coding/numbers until all the pictures are in.

Or if you mean why the anonymity (sorry haven't checked my spelling), then I have only carried on this from previous competitions and also (and this is not meant in any way to sound judgmental), it stops any favouritism from occurring,
          Andy
          Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
          EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
          [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

Sorry forgot to add: any entries received today, tomorrow or Thursday, I may not be able to look at until Friday, but if there are any issues with those entries that I need clarifying, then your entry will still count if you reply to me over the weekend (but your initial entry MUST have been received before the closing date and time).

Thanks,
            Andy
            Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
            EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II

Comment

FINAL REMINDER as I will be away until Friday evening - PLEASE GET YOUR ENTRIES IN.

I have received a couple of the last couple of days but apologies cannot look at until Friday.

FINAL REMINDER - CLOSING DATE IS FRIDAY NIGHT (MIDNIGHT).

We NEED more entries to make this work properly - get on and enter please.
              Andy
              Canon 700D, Canon 1100D

Comment

Come on boys n girls.

ANYONE AND EVERYONE - it cost's you nothing, it's a great bit of fun and you never know - you may just have a winner.

.DAVID.
                Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

All entries received at the time of this post have now been acknowledged - if you think you have entered and not received an acknowledgement please let me know.

I am sad to say that the take up this year is disappointing (is it because of the rule change relating to forum membership/minimum posts?). Someone may need to look at changing this next year.

So far we have only had 15 people enter (67 photos).
                  Andy
                  Canon 700D, Canon 1100D

Comment

From the hundreds of members on the Canon EOS site only 15 took the time to enter, l think you all should take a good hard look at yourselves and ask WHY do l bother? You won't be ridiculed if you enter, there won't be any critique on the quality of your entries, we aren't after all a camera club per se.
                    You still have time so get your entries in and support Andy, who goes out of his way to make this competition happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhuna View Post
                      I am sad to say that the take up this year is disappointing (is it because of the rule change relating to forum membership/minimum posts?). Someone may need to look at changing this next year.

So far we have only had 15 people enter (67 photos).
                      The competition is for all forum members and not those that join to enter and then never post again.

How many people submitted last year Andy?
                      Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Looking back - only 17 entries last year - so still some more that haven't entered this year for some reason - even though I know they are still on the forum regularly :)

No other entries since my last post.

ONLY 2 HOURS 40 MINUTES LEFT.
                        Last edited by Bhuna; 20-01-2017, 21:18.
                        Andy
                        Canon 700D, Canon 1100D

Comment

Only 52 minutes left to enter!
                          Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

No more entries received. I will try to get the pictures up as soon as I can for voting to commence early next week.

Personally, I am disappointed about the number of entries and would like to hear from those that usually enter or usually comment about how to run this competition (such as minimum post requirement etc) that have not entered as to the reasons why they haven't this year (is it me, is it lack of prize, is it the format, is it the entry method) and if you can please provide a constructive message so that improvements can be made by whoever runs it next year, as personally I don't see myself wasting the time next year for so few entries.

This is a competition for you, the forum members, so if there are reasons why people are not entering then we need to look at why so that this competition can grow not shrink.

thanks,

Andy.
                            Andy
                            Canon 700D, Canon 1100D

Comment

Quite agree Andy.

10,000 members trumpets the EOS mag!!

OK maybe a maximum of 100-150 regular contributors so maybe a re-sign wouldn't be a bad idea although that would make the numbers look less attractive and not achieve too much other than a touch of realism.

To me it seems a pity that we have such a friendly, lively forum that I thought would LOVE to have a bash at an end of year competition, let alone the photo challenges and also the monthly themes (this last one appears to have died a death) but it is so often disappointing.

Thank you Andy for your hard work in running this & let's chew this over later on
                              Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Originally posted by lunarbo View Post
                                Thank you Andy for your hard work in running this...
                                Hear! Hear!
                                John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Working...
                                X