Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum challenge 24 “emotion in sport”

FORUM CHALLENGE 24 “EMOTION IN SPORT”
    Hi all well here is my challenge. I am a keen sports photographer hence this challenge. A well-known sports snapper said a great sports image is made up of three components. He said combine a great moment, with great content and great emotion in a single picture and you have a winner. Now sport can be any competitive event, football, rugby, motor sport to darts, snooker, pool etc.
    I am looking for some sort of emotion from the sportsmen/woman.
    The challenge runs from Thursday 31st March till Midnight Sunday 10 May with the usual rules.
    1. One Picture per person, images should conform to general image posting rules.
    2. Please use a Canon DSLR
    3. Posted images should be taken during the running period of the competition. Any images submitted that were taken before the competition started will be deemed invalid
    4. Images 800 pixels widest max (to help those with small monitors)
    5. No Photoshop frames and borders.
    6. Include a brief description, and title. The image must convey the theme without title & description.
    7. Please, no comments, on images until the round is over.
    8. No canvassing eg I’m thinking of posting this image for the challenge, what do you think?
    9. The guest ‘judge’ will pick 1st 2nd 3rd favourite images (Please don’t PM them to discuss their choices).
    Remember I am looking for the emotion in sports not just action, Good luck everyone. Enjoy your sports.
    Mac T

Re: Forum challenge 24 “emotion in sport”

When is the closing date, please - May 10th or April 10th - less time or more than usual??
    Di

Comment

Morning Di

As above, the challenge runs from Thursday 31st March till Midnight Sunday 10 May.

Mac T

Comment

Thanks, - thought we usually had only 2 weeks?

Comment

Yes, a Challenge usually lasts for two weeks.......

Not being at all sporty - either participating or spectating - this one is nigh on impossible to me. However, came across this "Emotion in Sport" a couple of days ago - BEWILDERMENT.

Shows on the faces of these two ladies on the croquet lawn at Sunnycroft (a Victorian villa, National Trust, in Wellington in Shropshire) as they were listening to the rules being explained by someone out of the shot to the right....

50D + 25-105L.
          Cheers, Chris.
          Just chuggin' along.

Comment

Here's a shot of the Marlow J16 x 4 rowing at the GB junior championships in Nottingham yesterday (my son is second from right) ............. they got the silver medal !!

Cheers Mark

www.ms-photo.co.uk

Comment

As I probably won't be watching any sport for a while, here is my dog, Mario,doing his Gun Dog training - his Sport!

Comment

I'm no sports photographer but there happened to be a cycle sprint on in Mallorca when I was there last week and I suspected I'd not get another chance of a sports event.

Garrett

Still struggling to see the wonder of the world around me.

450D, 18-55mm & 55-250mm kit lenses, 50mm f1.8. Canon PowerShot G12., Ixus 950IS.

Comment

If challenge only last 2 weeks why is closing date a month and half away ?? you have miss the whole of april out
                  EOS 60d, EF50mm 1.8, EF-S18-55mm 3.5-5.6, EF 28-90mm 4-5.6, EF-S 55-250mm 4-5.6 IS, Sigma 10-20mm 3.5 EX DC HSM
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/jongoodger/

Comment

Agreed ...........closing date is too long ............. should only be a couple of weeks max or everyone loses interest ......
                    Cheers Mark

www.ms-photo.co.uk

Comment

perhaps I am correct in assuming the long date is for the benefit of us non sporties to be able to find a subject? :) just a thought ......
                      http://www.rpic.co.uk/
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/rich_webber_photography/
                      http://www.facebook.com/richwebberphotography
                      https://twitter.com/#!/rpic_rich

Comment

A shorter period is more realistic in that it parallels real life situations more closely where jobs, if commissioned, normally have to be done yesterday. Six weeks is too leisurely altogether. As far as I remember, this was suggested by somebody a few months ago as one of the aims of the comp, in addition to the fun element.
                        Last edited by ax2010@eircom.net; 16-04-2011, 09:10. Reason: lack of clarity
                        Garrett

450D, 18-55mm & 55-250mm kit lenses, 50mm f1.8. Canon PowerShot G12., Ixus 950IS.

Comment

It was colin C commenting on Photo Challenge Comp no. 19:

<<The original purpose of this competition was to encourage us to work to a brief, within a given time frame, much as professionals do on a daily basis. It should also be fun and an antidote to trolling out a lucky best shot, taken twenty years ago.>>
                          Garrett

Comment

If Mac T is reading maybe closing date should be this weekend as we have had over 3 week if we want to post our photo, I will not be able to post any photos as I have got my foot in a cast for next couple of weeks still so this challenge was beyond me and was hoping a shorter closing date>
                            EOS 60d, EF50mm 1.8, EF-S18-55mm 3.5-5.6, EF 28-90mm 4-5.6, EF-S 55-250mm 4-5.6 IS, Sigma 10-20mm 3.5 EX DC HSM
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/jongoodger/

Comment

Concentration

[/url][/IMG]
                              To be born Welsh is to be born privileged. Not with a silver spoon in your mouth, but music in your blood and poetry in your soul.

Comment

Working...
                              X