No announcement yet.

Forum Challenge no. 30 “Solo” Monday 18th July to Midnight, Sunday 31st July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Challenge no. 30 “Solo” Monday 18th July to Midnight, Sunday 31st July

Solo

Never had to think of a competition theme before and found this so difficult!

Anyway, I see ‘Solo’ as having many possibilities and I hope you do too. May be this will encourage more people to participate and have fun.

As has been said before: I will not be going into depth with my judging but simply choosing 1st, 2nd and 3rd on the basis on how much I like the picture.

Good luck

Graydon

Click here for help on posting your images

• The competition subject shall be selected by the winner of the preceding competition who will also judge the competition.
    • The period of the competition shall be 14 days and the judge will state the start and finish dates.
    • One Picture per person; images should conform to general image posting rules.
    • Please use a Canon DSLR.
    • Posted images should be taken during the running period of the competition. Any images submitted that were taken before the competition started will be deemed invalid.
    • Images 800 pixels widest max (to help those with small monitors).
    • No Photoshop frames and borders.
    • Include a brief description, and title; the image must convey the theme without title description.
    • Please, no comments, on images until the round is over.
    • No canvassing eg “I’m thinking of posting this image for the challenge, what do you think?”
    • The guest ‘judge’ will pick 1st 2nd 3rd favourite images (Please don’t PM them to discuss their choices).
    Last edited by jonesgj; 18-07-2011, 18:10. Reason: Corrected competition end date.... Ooops :)
    Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
    EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Re: Forum Challenge no. 30 “Solo” Monday 18th July to Midnight, Sunday 31st August

31st August?
    ef-r

Comment

Re: Forum Challenge no. 30 “Solo” Monday 18th July to Midnight, Sunday 31st August

That got my creative juices flowing......

Comment

Well spotted Brian. ;)

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
        31st August?

Comment

Re: Forum Challenge no. 30 “Solo” Monday 18th July to Midnight, Sunday 31st July

Closing date corrected to Sunday 31 July 2011.
          Robert
          robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Re: Forum Challenge no. 30 “Solo” Monday 18th July to Midnight, Sunday 31st July

solo bee by Jon Goodger, on Flickr

Ok this is my solo effort spotted this bee hiding in a lily in our back garden just after it had been raining
            Last edited by ricewind; 20-07-2011, 23:58.
            EOS 60d, EF50mm 1.8, EF-S18-55mm 3.5-5.6, EF 28-90mm 4-5.6, EF-S 55-250mm 4-5.6 IS, Sigma 10-20mm 3.5 EX DC HSM
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/jongoodger/

Comment

Piers De Lavison of the Genesis Tribute Band G2, taken at Pacific Road, Birkenhead.
              Performing a Keyboard solo from "Supper's Ready" as i recall.
              EOS 400D 18-55 (@41mm) f/5.6 1/40sec ISO-1600

and after all that i'll have to withdraw from this competition
              Picture was taken 18th June making it ineligable
              Last edited by Digit99; 27-07-2011, 12:47. Reason: updated info

Comment

squirrel 1 resized by gary anderson1968, on Flickr

My entry is this little Solo Squirrel going about his business. Shot with my 1000d & 70~300mm IS USM lens at 300mm.

Gary

Comment

Weekend Bump :)

Comment

A chive flower

Comment

Flying solo

Comment

Solo peg......

http://www.rpic.co.uk/
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/rich_webber_photography/
                        http://www.facebook.com/richwebberphotography
                        https://twitter.com/#!/rpic_rich

Comment

Solo diesel railcar - Class 153 - crossing Carnon Valley viaduct in Cornwall with a Falmouth to Truro service -

50D + 24-105L.

Cheers, Chris.
                          Just chuggin' along.

Comment

My first competition entry. Taken with a 5D Mk2 and a 17-40mm. Settings:1/8th, ISO-200, 200mm at F4
                            Last edited by captureasecond; 30-07-2011, 10:40.

Comment

Solo, on Flickr
                              Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Working...
                              X